How long after Coolsculpting can I have Thermage cpt?

Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting is an excellent form of non-invasive  fat reduction for the right patient. Some applicators take 1 or 2 hours but the new advantage applicators take only 35 minutes and have significantly less risk for delayed onset pain (especially in the abdomen). Results are seen at 2 months and typically 1-3 treatments will be necessary on each area to achieve ideal results. The number of treatments depends on the amount of fat there and the patient's goals.  There is not downtime and the results can be impressive in the right patient.  We also use the Zimmer Z-wave for improved patient comfort and added results. The best candidates are those who are in pretty good shape with areas of stubborn fat that won't go away no matter what. In office evaluation is necessary to evaluate what procedure would be best for you.

Four weeks is enough between thermage and coolsculpting.

My best,

Sheila Nazarian, MD, MMM

Beverly Hills, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting and Thermage Can Be Done Same Day

Coolsculpting and thermage can be done on the same day. I suggest you see an expert.  My only concern is that the heat from the thermage is needed to get tightening and the cool from coolsculpting may block the best outcomes from thermage. So maybe wait 2-4 weeks between them.  Dr. Emer.

Coolsculpting and Thermage

I prefer to do Thermage before Coolsculpting but if you have had Coolsculpting already I would wait at least one to two weeks before the procedure - as long as the area of Coolsculpting seems back to normal.  I combine Thermage and Coolsculpting all of the time in my practice and find it a great combination.  Best, Dr. Green

Coolsculpting and thermage

Theoretically, these treatments can be performed within a short time frame without any problems since the treatments involve different layers of the skin.  However, coolsculpting treatments generally lead to some skin retraction; so, it is best to let the coolsculpting results reach full effect to get the most out of your radiofrequency tightening treatment.  Best of luck.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Thermage after Coolsculpting

Thermage works on the more superficial skin area vs Coolsculpting on the fat. There is no need for any wait period because they treat different things.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

CoolSculpting and other treatments

Because the results from CoolSculpting can continue to improve for up to 2-3 months, I would recommend waiting at least that long to have any other therapy.