Moderate Vs High profile. (photos)

On this image you will see 3D imaging with Moderate VS high from the side. Now by the look i am liking more the HP but the Moderate is giving me more of an upper fullness? How can that be!?! I thought that HP will be the one that will give me more of an upper fullness. Dr recommends moderate? What you guys think or recommend by this 3D imaging?

Totally your call

It's all about the look you want. If you're looking to have more fullness, HP is the way to go without question. It's only about what you want. Simulations are good but aren't perfect. Go with the goal that you have in mind and if fullness is it, then pick HP.

Computer imaging and implant selection

In my opinion, computer imaging does not correlate well with surgical results, and is primarily a marketing device. A number of factors contribute to upper pole fullness, implant diameter being just one. A moderate profile implant of the same diameter as a high profile implant may give similar upper pole fullness.My advice is to select an experienced surgeon, communicate to him what you want your breasts to look like, and trust his judgement.

Moderate Vs High profile.

Moderate or high profile implants and your PS suggests high profile. You want more fullness in the upper pole and don't understand how the moderate can give you more fullness at the top than the high profile as seen on video imaging. 

Here is the reason: the moderate profile has a larger diameter than the high profile, therefore would cover a larger area, thus more fullness in the upper pole, but would not project quite as much. If you want both projection and more fullness above, then consider a larger implant. I also recommend you trying the "sizers" in a bra with a T-shirt viewing yourself in a full length mirror as additional way of seeking the right size.

I would go with your PS's suggestion as he/she has your chest measurements. With that said, I find that most women like the high profile if their chest width doesn't exceed the implant chart recommendations too much because they like the extra cleavage.

Good luck with your breast surgery. I'm sure you will be elated with your plastic surgeon's suggestion.

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.  

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).

Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.

These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Deciding the right profile implant

Thank you for your question.  3D imaging is helpful in deciding the right implant but should be done in conjunction with tissue based planning with consideration of breast measurements and also trying on different sizers.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck! 

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Breast Augmentation - Size Selection

Thank you for your question. "Tissue based planning" relies on your chest and breast measurements and is the safest way to ensure good long term results. Your surgeon should determine what size and projection are necessary to give you your desired result based on your body's measurements. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast surgery. Hope this helps and good luck with your surgery.

Implant selection

Hello and thank you for your question.   The size, profile, and shape of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  This entire surgery can be performed with a small incision technique.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Moderate vs High Profile

Unfortunately using the imaging system can be somewhat inaccurate. What we do know is that high profile is much more projection and will tend to give a rounder look and you may achieve more visible cleavage. The moderate profile, when done correctly, can look extremely natural like your own breasts... just an enhanced version. I recommend looking at before and after pictures with both moderate and high profile implants to choose the look you desire. 

Best of luck and happy healing.

David Rosenstein, MD
Boynton Beach Plastic Surgeon

Moderate vs High Profile Implants?

Fortunately there is no right or wrong answer to your question . The imaging appears to do a nice job of showing the slight difference in appearance between similar volume implants, one a high profile and one a moderate profile. When comparing implants of similar volume, the high profile will provide more forward projection but slightly less fullness in the upper breast. While the moderate profile implant will do just the opposite, slightly less projection but a bit more fullness in the upper breast.. This is due to it's wider base diameter allowing it to extend slightly higher into the upper breast. I  cannot tell you which option is best for you without seeing you.Your doctor should be able to explain these subtle differences which in turn help you to make the right decision for you and your goals. The good news is that either style implant will provide you with very nice results. Best of Luck!  

Moderate Vs High profile

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  Assuming both implants in the simulation fit your chest dimensions choose the implant whose appearance you like more.  The differences in your picture are related to the implant dimensions.  If both are the same cc amount, the high profile will project out more from the chest but will have a narrower base than the moderate profile.  This limits the upper and inner limits of the implant placement leaving you with less fullness.  Hope this makes sense.