I have Rosacea: redness & prominent vessels. Can you recommend a cleanser & moisturizer? I'm using Rosiver 1% 2 xs daily (Photo)

Every one seems to recommend different products and some r very expensive. What about oil cleansing?

Products- keep it simple for rosacea.

Rosacea is very complex and a tailored treatment program give the best results. This is because there are many types of rosacea (telengtctatic or capillaries, flushing and redness, acne like rosacea, ocular rosacea and even rhinophyma rosacea.)

To add to the complexity, everyone has different flare factors- Sunlight, stress, foods, chemical irritants, creams, changes in temperature, alcohol. The list goes on. 

A detailed history, together with a treatment tailored according to YOUR type of rosacea will give the best results. As a guide, I use a combination of -

1. Lasers ( to treat redness, broken capillaries, rhinophyma, flushing)- best laser is the V BEAM. IPL can be used, but usually not as effective

2. Creams - anti inflammatory, products- keep things simple La Roche makes a good product line. Having said this, not everyone will agree with the one type of cleanser or moisturiser. Cetaphil is cheap, and most often does not irritate rosacea skin. 

3. Tablets -anti - inflammatory and sometimes low dose Vitamin A. 

4. For females- Mineral make up is recommend, over make up that contains parabens. 

For the best results, consult a dermatologist for both medical and laser treatment options. 

Kind regards.

Dr Davin S. Lim.

Laser Dermatologist.

Brisbane, Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Products for rosacea

Thank you for your question jcushi. Rosacea is a common condition characterized by redness typically in the central face and can have specific treatments. Many people with rosacea also have sensitive skin. In our office we carry the Elta MD line of products. These are pharmaceutical grade products at reasonable price points. Our rosacea patients like the Foaming Facial Cleanser, AM Therapy moisturizer, and the UV Clear sunscreen. We have these products available in our online store. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician