My Nose Bridge is Dented After Hitting it on a Door. Can It Be Fixed?

I had my rhino[plasty 4 months ago using rib and recently, my kid flung the door and the corner hit right on my bridge in between my eyes. The pain lasted for awhile. After the swell went down, i notice that my bridge is not smooth anymore. It seems like there is a dent on the bridge caused by the hit. It bothers me alot and I would like to know if it can be fixed and what can my doctor do to smooth it out.

Doctor Answers 4

Dent on bridge

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

If the dent persists long-term then you can either camouflage it with a small cartilage/fascia graft or an injectable filler

Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 231 reviews

Fixing dent on nose after surgery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I would have your surgeon check your nose to see what was done to your underlying nasal framework.

\If the dent is not visible I would observe for now to see what happens. An obviously visible dent can be address with a cartilage graft if needed.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD
Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 22 reviews

My Nose Bridge is Dented After Hitting it on a Door. Can It Be Fixed?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Yes, it can be fixed, and there are many options. I would advise you do nothing if it is not a visibly apparent dent (i.e. you can only feel it). If it is visible and small, sometimes injecting a filler will solve the problem. If surgery is required, then perhaps a cartilage graft can be placed to smooth the area. In some cases, the rib graft would have to be removed and re-shaped.

Anand D. Patel, MD
Brookfield Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 22 reviews

The "Dent" Can Be Fixed!

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Sorry to hear of your injury.

Many people have had accidents after rhinoplasty resulting in an imperfection or "dent," which can be fixed.

It may require repositioning or re-breaking the bone, filing, or even a bit of camouflage over-grafting.  Sometimes, an injectable filler (Like Juvederm) can provide improvement without surgery.

Paul C. Zwiebel, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 45 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.