Full Tummy Tuck and Arm Lift wanted. Is it possible to do both procedures together?

I have a gastric band and have lost 7.5 stone. I have been left with a very saggy belly and arms and I would like both procedures done together. I would like to know if this is possible and am hoping I wouldn't have to have any fluid out of my band beforehand. Will to travel anywhere but surgeon must be registered with proof of doing these surgeries many time. Thank you

Multiple Procedures

Thank you for your question. If you are in good health and your BMI is under 30, typically, these procedures can be done at the same time. However, this is best to be answered by your board certified plastic surgeon during a consultation who is comfortable and experienced performing multiple procedures at once. 

Fairfield Plastic Surgeon

Post massive weight loss body contouring

Hello and thank you for your question. Congratulations on your weight loss. I specialize in post massive weight loss body contouring. I frequently perform not only 2 but 3 procedures together. You may actually need a lower body lift rather than a tummy tuck if you have laxity along the outside of your thighs and or your buttocks have lost their fullness and may have dropped as well.I agree with you that you need to find a ps who performs many of these procedures with a good track record. Peter Fisher M.D 

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

A tummy tuck and arm lift

In most cases, this combination of surgeries can be performed together very safely. There are many variables that may lead the surgeon to be more or less enthusiastic about the combination procedures. You need to see a board-certified plastic surgeon, as you say, experienced in these procedures, for an evaluation to see if this is the right way to proceed for you.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Combined procedures

These procedures can be combined if:
1- you are generally healthy and can tolerate a long procedure
2- you spend the night in the hospital
3- neither area is complicated or excessively severe in nature requiring a longer intervention Always visit with a surgeon certified by the American Board of plastic surgery.
Best of luck! Dr. Subbio
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Newtown Square/Philadelphia, PA

Christian Subbio, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Combined Procedure Recovery

These procedures can be combined provided you are healthy enough and prepared for the recovery. I encourage you to ask very specific questions regarding post procedure care to make sure you have a good understanding of what your limitations will be during recovery. 

Sarah A. Mess, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Arms and tummy tuck

I have a very large experience treating weight loss patients.  Congratulations.  I commonly perform a lower body lift first and often treat the breasts and arms at the same time.  If you are only doing the front of your abdomen, then having your arms treated at the same time can be done if you are otherwise healthy. But, I will say that many times the lap band balloon is deflated a bit before surgery to minimize indigestion after surgery. Best of luck.

Full tummy tuck and arm lift combined

Congrats on the weight loss. It is very common to perform these procedures together and is safe to do so if the surgeon commonly performs these procedures and you are in good health. I would recommend you see a board certified plastic surgeon who performs these regularly for a consultation

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

TT with Bilateral Brachioplasty

Without a consultation, it is difficult to give you sound medical advice. In general, an abdominoplasty can be coupled with a bilateral brachioplasty in the appropriate surgical candidate. Best wishes!

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck and arm lift

Hello and thank you for your question.   Congratulations on your weight loss.  If you are healthy, it is very common and safe to perform a tummy tuck and arm lift in the same surgery.  If you are an appropriate candidate, a tummy tuck be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  An arm lift can have dramatic results if you have loose skin.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Combined procedures

Typically, procedures can be combined if the surgical time is not too long, and the incisions will not affect the healing of each other.  

David A. Lickstein, MD
Palm Beach Gardens Plastic Surgeon