What's best to eat for your "last supper" before abdominoplasty?

Abdominoplsty last meal

There is no best meal, and hopefully, it wil lnot be your last supper!!  Post op, many patients are constipated due to immobility and narcotic pain meds.  You should take this under consideration and have stool softeners or laxatives available after surgery.
Good luck.
Dr. T

Last meal before TT

Funny question. I think any light meal will suffice, but I always suggest my patients take an enema the night before, to empty the colon and prevent the problems with constipation postop which may develop as a result of the pain meds. Thus, a LIGHT last meal.

Robert V. Mandraccia, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Eating before Abdominoplasty

A nutritious meal with lean protein and vegetables is all that is needed.  Stay away from heavy foods like those high in fats and concentrated carbs.  There is no "magic meal" that you need to adhere to before your surgery, though. Be sure to follow the recommendations of your surgeon for all of your pre-op preparations.

Deborah Ekstrom, MD
Worcester Plastic Surgeon

Meal before surgery

I do not think there is specific meal that you should eat the night before.  I think that a balanced meal that is not too heavy is probably ok.  Check with your surgeon.

Nutrition is critical

Key factors in the healing of any wound are nutrition and vitamin supplements.  There are specially formulated vitamins that are designed to optimize your healing that we use from Vitamedica.  In addition, we use Arnica and Bromelian to reduce the swelling and bruising.  Before and after surgery, nutrition is a key component that is overlooked by almost every patient and surgeon.  After the operation, your calorie and protein requirements are increased.  We design a nutritional regimen for each patient which is provided to them during the preoperative teaching.  In order to meet the calorie and protein requirements after surgery, the patients typically supplement using protein shakes.  Calorie and protein intake are recorded on a log that we provide and review at the postoperative visits.  The combination of homeopathic medicines, vitamins supplementation, and adequate calorie and protein intake are critical to the wound healing process.  Prior to surgery, we ask the patients to stop all of their own supplements as some can cause problems with bleeding during and after surgery.