Teeth wiggling after crowns were placed with permanent cement.

After having 2 crowns placed with permanent cement,2 days later if I touched them they would hurt alot and then they became loose.i could wiggle them side to side with little pressure.went back to the dual certified prosidontis/periodontist and said theirs no infection and they were solid before,during prep and after placing the crowns.so what's causing this.btw the pain has subsided but I can still wiggle them

Loose teeth after #crowns #DrSoftTouch

Hello there,
It sounds like you need a bite adjustment. This is not uncommon and would only take 10-15 minutes in the dental chair. Contact your dentist about this, and be sure to tell him/her about any discomfort that you have been experiencing. Once your bite is balanced, your teeth should be less wiggly, though this will take some time. Good luck and I hope this helps. Follow me if you have more questions.

Sarah Thompson, DMD
St. Louis, MO area (O'Fallon, IL)
Real Self 100

Premature bite can make TEETH loose

Sometimes what wiggles is not the restoration but the entire TOOTH.  This is more common with a crown that is not "perfect" and needs a polish/adjustment.  Discomfort as you describe is common in this situation and usually goes away, or leads to a dead nerve requiring a root canal.

I would adjust the bite and give it more time. Wiggly teeth will wiggle less when the bite is balanced, and the pain should go away (perhaps slowly).

Loose teeth

It sounds as if you bite may need adjusting. Teeth can become loose and painful if there is too much pressure on them. This should be an easy problem to correct.