Hot red golf ball lump on left buttock (Photo)

Hi, I had a bbl 4 weeks ago and noticed a red warm lump. It's not too painful, maybe just a little tingly sensation and I do not have fever. I noticed a slightly darker area on the skin where this lump is. Is this fat necrosis or an infection? Both of my buttocks are soft now except for this one lump on the left. Should I gently massage the area or leave it alone? I have contacted my surgeon and am awaiting a response. I am just scared that this is fat necrosis or an infection.

Hot red golf ball lump on left buttock

You should see your surgeon immediately to assess whether this could be necrosis or an infection. It is best to be treated sooner than later. 
Regards,  

Lump on left buttock

Greetings. This is something where you need to be seen by your surgeon as soon as possible.  This could be an infection vs. fat necrosis. Best wishes.

Ravinder Jarial, DO

BBL and issue

You may have fat necrosis or an infection. Best to be evaluated in person by your surgeon. All the best of luck.

Hot red golf ball lump on left buttock after BBL 1 month ago.

Since about half of transferred fat with BBL dies (in every case), you undoubtedly have fat necrosis in some areas that were grafted. One of these areas sounds as if it is infected as well.

Antibiotics are likely necessary, but will not "cure" an abscess--surgical drainage will be necessary for that. This should be tended to urgently, as in ASAP! Please see your surgeon immediately. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Red, Warm Lump In Buttocks After BBL - What Should I Do?

I'm sorry to hear that you are going through this.  There is no way to know just from your picture and description whether this is a fat necrosis or an infection or what.  
Since you have already contacted your personal plastic surgeon and since there is a darker area in the skin, a reasonable assumption would be that you have an abscess.  Very often, these present without any fever.  If your surgeon does not respond within a couple hours, I highly recommend you go to an emergency room.  This may possibly not need emergent treatment, but I wouldn't take the chance.

Please contact your plastic surgeon immediately

What you are showing is abnormal It could represent something potential  serious. You should contact your plastic surgeon immediately. Should this be an infection that it needs to be treated as soon as possible. Please contact your surgeon immediately and get this evaluated  in person. Best,
 Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD