How long after glycolic peel do you have to wait before getting IPL?

Ipl plus glycolic acid

These can be done depending on strength of peel as soon as two weeks. Discuss with your doctor what you are trying to accomplish.

Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

IPL and Glycolic Peel

You can do both on the same day.  I suggest seeing an expert for treatment as this is a combination therapy that needs proper technique.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Timing Of A Glycolic Peel Following An IPL Treatment

IPL treatments can be performed with variable degrees of aggressiveness. In addition, different patients, with different skin types will heal at different rates from an IPL treatment.  

Since both IPL treatments and glycolic peels are elective procedures, I would recommend being sure to allow enough time to elapse after the IPL treatment, to ensure that the patient is completely healed before embarking on a glycolic peel.  In general, in our practice, this would usually be two to three weeks.

Peter Lee, MD, FACS

Although there is no rule book, i typically wait for at least the skin reaction from the peel to go away.  This can take in the minimum 2 weeks but sometimes a bit longer depending the reaction of that patient. Both the glycolic acid peel and the IPL treatments are fairly safe and typically give a nice result in combination.
Good luck
Dr Vasisht

Bhupesh Vasisht, MD
Voorhees Plastic Surgeon

Peel and IPL NYC

I generally wait two weeks for the skin to heal from the peel before having the IPL laser. I prefer the VBeam for treating redness over the IPL. I find the combination rejuvenates the skin best. Please consult an expert. Best, Dr. Green