I have a venous lake on my bottom lip, is it possible to tattoo over it or will it bleed?

I am considering having a cultural chin n lip tatoo done.  Thanx

Li

I treat venous lakes with a topical laser or a RF current.  The treatment depends on the size of the venous lake. A tattoo placed over it could bleed.  See a vein specialist for an evaluation before the tattoo.

Naples General Surgeon

Venous lake of lip

Depending on the size, depth, and location of the venous lake on your lip, it may indeed bleed.  In addition, because the skin tends to be thin over these vascular lesions, the tattoo ink may not be uniform over the lip.  The good news is that venous lakes can be very successfully treated with a 532 Nd:YAG laser.  My suggestion would be to have the venous lake assessed by a provider with experience with type of laser and have it treated before getting the tattoo.

Suzan McGary, MD
Williamsport Thoracic Surgeon