Liposuction on stomach with a stoma? (Colostomy bag)

I had a stoma last year due to perforated bowel, but Allgood now and reconnect with no stoma. Would I be able to have Lipo on my stomach and love handles even though I had a stoma?

Liposuction after colostomy reversal

Thank you for your question. Yes, liposuction can be performed on your abdomen after a colostomy reversal. You are likely to have some scar tissue in the area that can make the procedure a little more challenging, but in the hands of an experienced surgeon, you should do just fine.

Liposuction with previous stoma?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• Yes, you can have liposuction around a previous stoma -
  • You must have a plastic surgeon do the surgery because the scar around the stoma makes the surgery a little more difficult and great care must be taken.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS