Types of massages after Liposuction to reduce the chance of fibrosis?

I'm 2 1/2 months post op. I received liposuction/bbl. I've had over 10 lymphatic drainage massages. I feel like I'm past the draining stage. What are other types of massages I should look into getting. I live in Northern California I can't find any post op massage places.

Best massage after liposuction?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• Yours is an impossible question to answer -
  • Because we have no evidence that massage changes your result.
  • Certainly some of my patients belief in it passionately - and others do nothing and still get good results.
  • So I suggest you follow your own instincts -
  • At this point, you might tolerate deep tissue massage. If that sounds appealing, try that. 
  • If not, consider purchasing an inexpensive, hand held massager on the internet and massage the areas that feel in need of it.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Massage after Lipo/Reduce Fibrosis--Lymph Massage, Hyperbaric Oxygen, RF, Velashape, Venus Legacy

Lymphatic massage is the best type of massage after liposuction and at this point chance of fibrosis is small. Post treatment however, I recommend hyperbaric oxygen, compression, and radiofrequency treatments like Velashape and Venus legacy to improve results. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Massage after liposuction

The benefit of massage after liposuction lax scientific support.

While it's often recommended there is no evidence that it has any long-term benefit.

When in question you should ask your plastic surgeon what he or she recommends.

2 1/2 months much of the early scar tissue that's formed has already matured and should have dissipated.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD