Concerned 9 day post Fractional co2 laser around mouth and eyes?

Is it normal to have the sensation of numb skin around treated areas 9 days post treatment? The are feels thickish and numb. I also wanted to know if brown scanning is still ok at this stage? Last concern is the lack of healing under my eye, still bleeding if touched. Please let me know if this is normal healing.

Persistent redness after fractionated co2 laser to face and lips

I am sorry that you are having issues about your procedure and thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.

After 9 days the level of healing should be better by now. 

Finally, make sure that your doctor is aware of your process. He should be able to guide you best in your care.

Wishing you the best in your journey

Thanks for your query. It is absolutely okay to get scabbing after co2 that is infact a good sign of the results. It should scab and start healing 3rd day onwards but if is still bleeding on touching then you should go to your treating doctor and check it once. The downtime post co2 laser varies from 10-15 days and it is okay to feel thick and numb. Hope it helps.

All The Best

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

9 days after CO2 laser

In my experience, numbness after fractionated CO2 laser treatment is not common. The skin should be healed by day 6 or 7 but will be persistently red for around 30 days. It should not be bleeding to the touch. I recommend seeking a follow-up assessment by your surgeon.

Matthew Brace, MD
Ontario Facial Plastic Surgeon