Can I make co2 fractional laser on my upper eyelid after 2 weeks from blepharoplasty to help lessen the scar? (Photos)

The doctor told me the stitches are dissolvable and no need to remove them though i can see the stitches cause the suture to be irregular.. So i want to speed up the healing of those scars .. i heard about eyelid co2 fractional laser .. and that it will help get back to normal regular eyelid skin look.

Blepharoplasty Scar Management

Hi there,

You are still in the early phase of healing and should certainly wait for your scar to mature (at least 6 months) before proceeding with ablative lasers to your eyelids. In the meantime, you can go to your plastic surgeon for a medical-grade topical for the scar to assist in the healing process. 

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Laser after Bleph

You are in the early stages of healing and I would wait several months before even considering laser to the incisions. They may heal well and laser will be a moot point.

David S. Felder, MD
Fort Lauderdale Oculoplastic Surgeon

CO2 laser for early stage scars from upper bleph.... to use or not to use

Thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.

Do not use any laser during the early phases of your surgical healing. The swelling may separate the tissues and leave you with a bad scar. Let things heal for at least 6 months to a year. Then, you may consider Lasers for remodeling the scar at that time.

Finally, make sure that you have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Wishing you the best in your journey

Co2 laser after bleph

Thank you for the photos. My only concern is the shade of your skin. CO2 lasering can transiently lighten or darken skin after treatment. There is a lot of shadowing in the photo. Assuming that you are lighter skinned I would say that you can get CO2 lasered immediately. The downside is that you will swell up again for 1 week with another week of redness of the skin. The upside is that it will also tighten your skin slightly giving you an overall smoother appearance to the upper lid skin. Get a large pair of sunglasses and plenty of sunscreen for your aftercare and you'll do well.

Aric K. Park, MD