Failed Botox brow lift (Photo)

I have had hooded eyes my entire life. I'm 35 years old. My doctor is a well known board certified plastic surgeon. I received the Botox injections 6 days ago. While I can no longer furrow my brow, I'm seeing absolutely no improvement in lifting my eyebrows. I received 2 full syringes (the syringes looked like 25u insulin syringes) of Botox, which was very costly and I can't afford more at this time. What should I do? I've included photos of my injection sites. Thank you.

Botox Brow Lift

Botox can take up to 2 weeks to work- so maybe it will kick in... Other options- surgical brow lift, filler like the new one Volbella in the brow helps, radio frequency like Thermi will tighten skin &/or Skin Tyte.  If your eye closes more when you smile and the lateral corner comes down after 2 weeks you may could add a touch more Botox.

Birmingham Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox Brow Lift

It is still too early for your final results after Botox. Botox can give small improvements to the brow, it may be that more filler is needed in a different area, or a brow lift should be considered. Give it some more time and contact your Dr. if you're unhappy with your results to discuss next steps. Best, Dr. Emer

Brow lift

First 6 days is not long enough to determine how much benefit you will get. Give it at least 10 days. You can have injection at the lateral aspect of the eyebrows to give you more of an arch

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Hooding of eyebrows not responding to Botox

The improvements one gets with Botox browlifts is a few mm at best. You might be asking too much from the Botox. The doc can try adding some units on the lateral aspect of the brow but it probably won't work much. I suggest a surgical consult.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Botox brow lift

I would agree that you should give it two weeks. However, ultimately the brow lift achieved with botox is limited. Your "marks" appear to be in exactly the right place. Adding more units doesn't usually help much but sometimes it does. Ultimately it won't be enough to make up for the skin laxity there. A non surgical option would be Ultherapy brow lift. You might have to do it twice (3 to 6 months apart) but the lift can last a couple of years. Ultherapy has been approved for lifting the brows since 2007.

Lisa Vuich, MD

Lisa Vuich, MD
Nashua Physician

Botox revision

A top up injection on the right eyebrow depressors can improve the symmetry. Usually this is complimentary so please discuss with your physician. Significant deflation is noted on the eyebrow fat pads with skin elasticity changes than cannot be compensated entirely by lifting the eyebrows. A conservative blepharoplasty with volumization of the eyelid-eyebrow complex will improve  the area significantly.

Costas Papageorgiou, MD, FACS
London Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and Brow Lift

It takes about two weeks to see the full effect of Botox in this area.  If you still have significant hooding then a surgical option may be the only choice for you.  Please consult an expert in Botox for the best cosmetic results. Best, Dr. Green

Botox and Eyebrow Lift

Thanks for your questions!  I'm sorry you are disappointed with your results thus far.  Don't give up hope yet though - I tell my patients to wait a full two week before evaluating for your final result!  While Botox can lift the brow position, this is usually a subtle thing.  If you are concerned with hooding of the eyes, I would consult with your plastic surgeon about an upper blepharoplasty!  Best of luck!