Smart Lipo Arms - how long so I can see any results?

I just had upper arm smart lipo (3 days ago) and would like to have an have an honest opinion- how long will it take so i can see any results? I had abs done last year and even though it was swollen, i could see some results immediately after. I feel like my arms have bot changed at all!

Smart Lipo

It is important to be patient and discuss your concerns with your surgeon because they are most familiar with you anatomy and procedure. Swelling occurs in all patients after smartlipo and can take up to 3-4 months to resolve. Not every patient heals at the same rate, some heal quicker and some heal slower than others but it is important to remember that you will probably look bigger before you look smaller and that is simply due to swelling. Be sure to wear your compression garment for the period your surgeon recommends and follow a high protein, low sodium diet. Best of luck in your recovery.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting Provides Improvement in Body Contour That lasts!

Hello and thank-you for your question. Coolsculpting works on the basis that fat cells are more sensitive to cold than are surrounding tissues of the skin. During the Coolsculpting treatment the fat is cooled to cause cryolipolyis while carefully monitoring the temperature of the skin surface. The fat cells release their fat and shrink.  Unlike liposuction where the fat is removed, the released fat is metabolized and eliminated by your body.  The improvement can generally be seen at 3 weeks, but it typically takes 3 months to see the final result.  Most people require more than one treatment depending on degree of improvement needed and expectations. We utilize the new Cool Advantage applicators which are much more comfortable and reduce treatment time to 35 minutes.  We currently have 4 Coolsculpting machines and can offer "Dual Sculpting" which further reduces the treatment time.  I recommend keeping in touch withe the office of your treating physician and regular follow-up for optimal results.  Best wishes

Andrew T. Lyos, MD, FACS

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction -- ARM CONTOURING

It takes weeks to months to start to see the improvement in arms.  At this time you should be getting massage therapy, RF treatments like venus legacy or exilis, and wearing compression.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Post before and after pics of your arms

Arms come in different shapes and sizes and these affect the speed of the recovery and visible results tremendously. Post a few pics to get some valid opinions.

Smart lipo arms

You are very early in the healing process. You should start to see some results in the first two weeks. All areas as patients heal differently. Follow instructions and keep close follow up with your plastic surgeon.

Post liposuction

The lumpiness, swelling, itching and hardness after a surgery like you had typically persists at least 8 weeks after the surgery then slowly goes away. In my experience, daily massage of the hard areas makes the biggest difference in getting rid of it sooner rather than later. Staying away from salt will make a big difference in swelling. It can easily take 6 months or more to see results. Be sure to keep any scheduled follow up appointments you have with your surgeons for his evaluation and advice. Hope this helps.

Dean Vistnes, M.D. 

Vistnes Plastic Surgery 

San Francisco Bay Area

#liposuction #drdeanvistnes #realself

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon