Slept on my back after Brazilian Butt lift. (photo)

The day I woke up from surgery I was laying flat on my butt. When I went to sleep the next two night after I was on my back as well because I was not informed I couldn't sleep on my back until I followed up in three day. How much damage have I caused? Have I killed all the work done?

BBL and sitting

Each surgeon has his/her own preference in terms of ideal positioning after BBL.  I have not seen any issue with laying on the back/buttock area.  Most people do so in a bed which has plenty of cushion and the patients weight is distributed along a larger surface area.  I suspect you are fine, but I would follow your plastic surgeons instructions.

Dr. Remus Repta

Laying flat after BBL

Thanks for your question.  Hard to say how much or if any fat was damaged by laying flat on it.  I always tell my patients no pressure such as sitting on the fat grafted areas for 3 weeks after surgery. Just follow your surgeon's advice and get a touch up as needed.

Slept on my back after Brazilian Butt lift.

There is a lot of different opinions regards this matter.

Most of my patients get a BBL at the same time they get a tummy tuck and they have to lay on their backs during  recovery time , due to not being able to lay on their stomach or their sides for at least 10 days . I`ve never had a BBL disappear because of this . 

If your fat transfer is done properly, you should not have any problems with your results. 

Best wishes 

Katherine Feliz Camilo, MD

BBL and sleeping on backside

It is not ideal to sleep on your backside after a brazilian butt lift, but if done for  short period of time, it probably did not do any damage. If concerned, see your surgeon.

Sleeping after BBL

While it is desirable to avoid pressure on the freshly transferred fat for the first few weeks, lying on a soft, cushioned bed with your weight distributed over a large surface area is probably fine.  Your photos show a great result.  Moving forward, just do your best to avoid lying on the fat and make sure to follow your surgeon's instructions. Good luck!

Brazilian Butt Lift - Sleeping on your back

It doesn't appear as though much damage was done as things look very good!  I don't know how consistent a patient can be in avoiding direct pressure when sleeping.  That being said, with all the Brazilian Buttlift patients in my practice, I have never restricted them in ways to sleep.  Check with your surgeon however in my practice I would tell you that things will be fine.  Best Wishes!!