How can I remove a lump from a healed busted lip?

I busted my lip over a month ago. I had stitched that dissolved on their own in about three weeks. Now I have this small lump that gets soft and hard. Its pressing against my lower gums. I also have a hard knot under my lip. What can I do to resolve this situation?

Lump in lip

Being that you are only one month out, it may be related to scar tissue and healing. If concerned speak with or see your surgeon. Best of luck.

Lip scar

It sounds like you are describing an immature scar that is still healing and should get better with time. Massage the hard part of lip scar between your fingers for a minute daily, as that should speed the scar softening process. Don't consider revision for at least 9 months. Good Luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Scar and Lip

You should definitely wait at least three months to see if the bump resolves.  If after that time you are still having a problem then please return to your treating physician for evaluation. You may need injections of steroids or lasers to help treat this.  Best, Dr. Green