Picosure laser can help to melasma in olive skin color? (Photo)

I've been battle with this horrible dark spot and ice pick scars for years, I almost do everything finally my doctor told me that is melasma and picosure laser can help me, but not sure yet am afraid to getting worse because I'm Hispanic maybe I'll get more deep dark melasma or so... I would like to know if this laser can do something in my melasma?

Best laser for melasma?

Your problem is an extremely common one in my practice. The good news is that your concern can absolutely be addressed. I have a number of different lasers in my practice that I use to address abnormal pigmentation in Hispanic skin types. The PicoSure is one option which is extremely safe and can even improve your scarring. However, the PicoSure is not the always the best choice as the results can be slow coming and requires a number of treatments. 

Often I'll use either a MaxG or a 755 wavelength laser instead of my PicoSure for tackling pigmentation in olive skin tones. With appropriate settings, either can be extremely effective in just a single treatment. 

Locate a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist with extensive experience in laser skin care and an extensive array of laser options. That way you ensure the best results with the best equipment possible.

Good luck!

Newburgh Plastic Surgeon