Liposuction or CoolSculpting? Abdomen, upper and lower- Need help!

I have fat rolls right under the breasts and a poor shape on abdomen. I work out a lot but it still looks terrible- what would be the best option for me. I prefer to not go under general if possible! I want a very flat stomach and I am scared of hanging skin after- many thanks!

Tummy liposuction

Liposuction is a definite option for you. This will allow your physician to contour and define your abdomen leaving you with the curvy, toned look you want. A proper examination would be required to assess the amount of excess skin you might be left with. Cool sculpting is a non surgical option which may also ultimately give you the same result. Be sure to consult a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss both options for you to be able to make the best choice. Best of luck. James Lee

Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Good questions

Cool sculpting results have been ok but 'just ok' and a lot of the hype is driven by marketing. Sit down with a plastic surgeon that you feel comfortable with, but they should have at least 10-15 years of experience. You will get real answers that should satisfy you. Best of luck. Hope this helps. 

Leland Deane, MD
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Loose skin

It looks like you have loose skin.  Liposuction or cool sculpting probably will not help much. Best of luck.

Best treatment for minimal fat on abdomen and under breasts.

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• You are very trim and fit - good for you!
  • It isn't clear if the 'fat' on your abdomen and bra rolls is actually fat or loose skin.
  • You do need an examination.
  • Liposuction will give you the best result - if it is fat.
  • If it is loose skin, liposuction will make it looser.
  • Removing fat always leaves the skin looser but your photos suggest it is unlikely to cause an overhang.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Body contouring

You should definitely be examined in person by a plastic surgeon. Your pinch photos are a bit exaggerated in that they also show two layers of skin that you are actually pinching in addition to some fatty tissue. This should definitely be discussed during a consultation. Good luck!

Liposuction or CoolSculpt?

The best chance for an optimal, immediate result in your particular case is good old fashioned liposuction! CoolSculpt requires multiple sessions and results, if and when they occur, require six months to take effect. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good Luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for liposuction.  This can give you the definition you are looking for.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with.  I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD