Thank you for your question. For your age, with good skin tone, suction lipectomy for removal of fat beneath the skin should improve your situation.
Thank you for asking about your neck liposuction.
- It appears you have deep neck (cervical bands) that are part of the problem.
- You may have a thyroid problem (goiter) and that should be checked too.
- Excess weight is also part of the problem.
- A lot depends on your current weight -
- A liposuction might be reasonable if your weight is not too high -
- It might be possible to release some of the cervical banding.
- But you need an examination to be sure.
- Always see a Board
Certified Plastic Surgeon.
- Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
Even though you've lost weight, perhaps not enough. You should see a board certified plastic surgeon and discuss this problem with them. It may be that a simple liposuction will give you most of what you're looking for.
Hi, You have not mentioned your current height and weight. Even if you have lost weight, you may still be overweight and may need to lose even more weight to get to your ideal body weight. Once you have lost enough weight, if the neck rolls remain unchanged, I would consider liposuction. Botox in the neck creases can also help improve the appearance - whether or not you're at ideal body weight. Please consult with a board- certified dermatologic surgeon who offers all of the above treatments.
If you’re at a healthy weight now and still have neck rolls, liposuction may be an option. If you are continuing to lose weight, you may want to wait until you’ve reached your ideal and stable weight before considering liposuction. By that time, you might find that your neck rolls have disappeared, making surgery unnecessary.
We use VASER/ThermiRF combination for the best outcome in this area. I suggest you see an expert for treatment. Kybella can be used as an alternative. Best, Dr. Emer.