Horrible head and facial sweating.

I have been suffering from horrible head and facial sweating for years ( 'straight outta shower' severity level). I have already tried multiple deodorants (eg. odaban) and have had botox injected all over my head. Sadly nothing seems to help. My health seems to be good (according to my doctor , blood tests etc). Sweating usually appears at the smallest amount of exertion and/or temperature change and/or anxiety. Are there any treatments apart from botox available that can be used on the head ?

Consider Botox.

I believe like the other doctors on this forum that you will be well served by Botox to reduce your sweating. Best wishes, Dr. ALDO

Botox for scalp and facial sweating

Botox is likely your best option. Make sure you see someone who has several years of experience injecting Botox as injections for sweating must be placed directly in the dermis, not the muscle. There are also areas of the face to avoid due to chance of affecting the muscles. 

Derek Norcom, MD
Portland Physician

Face and scalp sweating

Have you tried a medication called glycopyrrolate? It is usually given in pill form, and now they have new topical formulations. Glycopyrrolate is an anti-cholinergic medication that essentially helps to "dry out" the sweat glands. The pills can be very effective in minimizing sweat for some people. Botox is one of the better options, but I would talk to a Dermatologist to see if the oral medication would be worth a try. Take care!

Harry Sharata, MD
Madison Dermatologic Surgeon

Treating sweating other than Botox

Botox is the mainstay of treatment for head and face sweating. I use a diluted Botox and place micro amounts through the face and scalp. Infini will decrease sweating as well. I haven't done this on the scalp. There is a small risk of hair loss on the scalp.

Steven F. Weiner, MD