Fat Grafting, do I need Botox prior?

I am considering having fat grafting done to my face after a horrible Ultherapy outcome and was told by the physician that I needed to have botox on my entire face prior to the procedure. Is this normal and why would this be necessary?

Fat Grafting and Botox Together

There is absolutely no reason to have botox all over the face prior to fat grafting.  I suggest you see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox and Fat Grafting

This appears to be your surgeon's preference and there is no normal or abnormal standard of practice but I am not sure as to the benefit of pretreating the face with Botox for fat grafting. Please address your questions and concerns to the surgeon whom you have chosen to perform the procedure as it is the only one that matters at this point.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fat Grafting, do I need Botox prior?

The only area that I recommend Botox prior to fat transfer to the face is the area between the eyebrow (glebella region) if the person is very active in that area. 

Curtis Perry, MD
Downey Facial Plastic Surgeon

#Botox and Fat Grafting

Thanks for your question. These procedures address entirely different things. The Botox will help with the fine lines and wrinkles (primarily of the upper face). The #fatgrafting is a volume replacement. This helps restore volume to the cheeks, lips etc. They will both help you look younger, but in different ways. I personally recommend doing the Botox after the fat grafting as it allows me to see what issues remain. Best of luck, Dr. M

Jared Mallalieu, DO
Annapolis General Surgeon