Can I have a CACI facial done 1 week BEFORE I have botox surgery done? Or will it damage or affect the botox in anyway at all?

I would really APPRECIATE a reply, many thanks x

No Problem Having CACI Before Botox; But The Real Question Is Of What Real Value Is It

For many years, proponents of low electrical current therapies like CACI and higher current therapies like FARADIC treatments have made claims for the benefits of these therapies.Some contend that like TENS treatments the excitation of the muscles--usually with the higher current treatments--can help to diminish sagging. Others claim that the low current varieties, like CACI, work by helping to stimulate collagen and elastin production.

In the case of the high current therapies, I would suggest that their value is questionable. We know that Botox is successful by softening muscular overactivity. So, it is difficult for me to imagine how stimulating greater muscular activity, the opposite of the Botox goal, can be truly beneficial. And in the case of the low current treatments, to date I have not been impressed with their value in significantly improving skin quality, over and above what can be obtained with the continual routine use of sun protection and daily use of proven prescription topicals, such as Retin A. 

However, if you wish to continue the CACI treatments, be sure to have the Botox treatment performed afterward (not before) so as to prevent inadvertent dispersion of the Botox outside the desired treatment area as a result of the skin manipulation involved with the CACI treatment.

CACI and Botox

There is no contraindication of having the treatment before the Botox.  the Botox before could be aa problem due to the manipulation of the face

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Facial and Botox

You can absolutely have the facial prior to Botox. It won't have any impact on the injections. Good luck, Dr. M

Jared Mallalieu, DO
Annapolis General Surgeon

Facial and Botox

Most patients have facials before Botox injections.  If you were going to do the reverse I would advise you to wait a few days.  Best, Dr. Green