How or when can I ride my bike after a tummy tuck with lipo and arm lift surgery?

How or when can I ride my bike after a tummy tuck with Lipo and arm lift surgery? I have a bike tour coming up in September. Might have to cxl it . :(

Tummy tuck and arm lift

Hello and thank you for your question. I generally recommend 4 weeks to my patients.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

When Can I Ride My Bike?

After a #tummytuck I generally recommend my patients wait six weeks before returning to full activity.  You don't want to compromise the #healing process.

Ask your #BoardCertified #PlasticSurgeon what they recommend.

Recovery after surgery

This question is best to be answered by your plastic surgeon. I typically recommend my patients to avoid anything strenuous for a minimum of 4-6 weeks. Depending on the time between the surgery and your event will depend on the answer to this question. Best of luck with your upcoming surgery and biking tour.

Alfred Sofer, MD, FACS
Fairfield Plastic Surgeon

GreetingsThank you for your question, you are able to ride a bike after 3weeks to 6 weeks all depending on your surgeons insturctions.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Multiple procedures, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us. For safety reasons, to be a good candidate for the procedures you want at the same time, your labs and cardiovascular preoperative evaluation must be optimal.
Therefore, you must be a healthy person, within an appropriate BMI and no history of diseases that increase the surgical / anesthetic risk degree.
Finally, I recommend you a skilled certified plastic surgeon in body contouring surgery and experienced in cases like yours where the planned operating time is less than five hours. Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.- 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Exercise after surgery

When in September?  When is the surgery?  Given both a brachioplasty and abdominoplasty, I do not think you will be ready for strenuous activity, especially on repeated days, afterwards. More clarification as to the dates and the tour itself would be useful.