BA + Lollipop Lift, why do my scars look like this? What can I do to fix this? (photos)

I'm 21 days post-op, i got a breast augmentation + lollipop lift done, my scars look awful. There is redness around the incision, and i am very afraid that that area of ​​redness will be part of my final scar, cuz it will be HUGE. I want to know why this happend, it was because of the stitches? What can i do to fix this?

Concern of Scars at 21 Days Post-Op

#Breastlift and #implants, any breast operation, can result in changes in sensation of the nipples and around other areas where the procedure took place. Larger implants and more aggressive lift methods may have more of a problem.

Healing after #breastimplant surgery will go on for 2-3 months for the early period. There may be some swelling, bruising, malposition, color differences. Sensation will be abnormal. Scars will be changing.

#Hypertrophic or #keloid scars can be a problem. The worst are usually under the breast with an #AnchorLift or inverted “T”. These can be treated like all thickened scars with re-excision, laser, kenalog/5-FU injections, creams, silicone strips and other methods to reduce and improve healing.

If my patients have concerns that something is unusual about their healing process, it is important for them to call the office and discuss these concerns or come in to be examined. If you continue to worry it would always be best to visit your surgeon to have the area examined.

Concern of Scars at 21 Days Post-Op

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Worried about breast lift scars

Hello, some patients will experience more prolonged redness/inflammation after surgery, and it does not always result in poor scars.  However, your surgeon will be the best source of advice regarding your wound healing progress and scar management.

Worried about breast lift scars

3 weeks post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question. In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.  In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

3 weeks post op, some advices:

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

BA + Lollipop Lift, why do my scars look like this? What can I do to fix this

Some redness is normal early after surgery. Ask you surgeon about scar care options. A laser may help also.

Slow healing after mastopexy

Thank you for your question and photos. I am sorry to hear about your problems.  On the left picture- you have some scattered areas of slow healing and some redness.  This happens from time to time.  On the right picture- I see areas of blistering and superficial necrosis on the areola with some other areas of slow healing and redness.  Best to follow your surgeon's wound care instructions.  Once the incisions are fully healed, silicone scar therapy like Biocorneum may be helpful.  You may require a scar revision at a later time if you are not happy with the scars at one year.  Good luck.  

Slow healing after mastopexy

Breast lift and implants - worried about the scars

Thank you for asking about your incisions.

• Red scars are always seen during healing - the redness is from the additional blood flow needed for healing.
  • Let your surgeon know of your concerns, discuss whether you need to use silicone sheeting on the scars during the healing period and give yourself 6 - 12 months before judging the final result.
  • Scars do sometimes need revision but you really can't tell how you will this early after surgery.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Time

It takes up to a year for the scars to mature and fade. The best thing you can do is stop looking at them. If y ou want use mederma or another scar medication and talk to your surgeon. 

Time

Very early

in your post-operative healing course. F/u with your surgeon as scheduled, follow his/her instructions, over time things should improve. 

Very early

Incisions

It is very early in the healing process. Often scars get pretty red initially and settle with time. Best to follow your surgeon's post-op instructions.

Incisions