10 days post op. Ripples and stretch marks under boobs. How are they looking? (Photo)

Capsulectomy w/ lollipop lift , new implant Sientra 440cc gummy bear silicone ( old implant 480 saline) will the ripples under my boob smooth out? I've spent the last ten years so insecure due to major capsular contraction, I just want to be secure with myself! I noticed stretch marks now as well which I didn't have before will these dissipate as I heal???? . I'm really hoping I don't have a recurrring scar tissue nightmare. I'm looking forward to wonderful results as I know time heals all.

Early post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question. 

In my practice, after performing a BA+BL I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.  In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards 

10 Days Post-Op

Understanding the Healing Process

HEALING OF SENSORY NERVES: Tingling, burning or shooting pains, which will disappear with time and should not alarm you, indicate regeneration of the sensory nerves. If these sensations cause pain, repeated, local self-massage helps.

ASSYMETRY: The two breasts commonly heal quite differently. One breast may swell more, feel more uncomfortable, or have a different initial shape. After complete healing, they will be more similar and natural. You must have patience, but if this causes concern, ask questions of the doctor or the nursing staff.

SHAPE AND CONTOUR: The final shape of your breasts will start to look its best approximately three (3) months after surgery. It takes time for the skin and muscle to stretch and relax around the new implant. The breast will often look higher, firmer, and “less natural” in the first three (3) months. It can take up to a year to see your final result.

FOLLOW-UP EXAMS: These are generally done in 1 week, 2 to 3 weeks, 3 to 6 weeks, 3 months, 6 months to 1 year, and 1-2 year intervals. In our office we include all of your follow up appointments in the  initial surgical fee.

If you find yourself concerned at all about your incisions or your implants healing then it would be best to visit your plastic surgeon as soon as possible to have the area checked for proper healing. Good luck.

Stretchmarks and Wrinkles

Your stretchmarks are old.  The wrinkles are new, and due to the fact the your breast skin envelope had extra skin in the vertical vector, which was not addressed with the ever popular 'lollypop' lift. In the last decade and a half, American surgeons have been eager to incorporate this lift into their arsenal because of International popularity with a lift that has 'less scaring'. In reality, the elimination of the inframammary incision has left a majority of women with a dropped out appearance and star gazing nipples. Your wrinkles will go away over the next several months, as your implants slip down into the still too large skin envelope. If your appearance at that time is problematic, a revision to a full mastopexy will solve the problem. Best of luck. 

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

10 Days Out

Your so so early that it is impossible to comment on what may be permanent. Time would tell us that likely all of your concerns will resolve over the first 3 months. Every person has different quality skin and soft tissue so you have to take that into account when judging your final result. By that I mean some patients have very lax skin with not great quality and others have good thick skin with great collagen quality lending it to a tighter thicker look. You are too early to worry. Give things a good 3 months. 

Sincerely, 

DrRickAZ

Richard J. Brown, MD