How would a crescent lift with saline implants look? (Photos)

thoughts on how a crescent lift with saline implants would look? My ideal look is an upper pole fullness and a full chest. I am look at more like 475-525 cc. Nervous about scarring but I feel as though on my consult I absolutely agreed that I would like a small lift and minimal scarring as I tend to scar significantly. 5'2" 138 pounds 34c, breast fed 2 children my breast tissue is extremely squishy and just deflated. I have a extreme flat upper chest and really want the appearance of cleavage.

Breast Augmentation with Breast Lift

Based on  the description of the results you wish to achieve, I think you should have a discussion with your plastic surgeon about implants with a full mastopexy. This would involve  an incision that goes around the areola  and a vertical scar that meets  with an incision  along the entire  breast fold. In my experience, that is the only way to hold a breast implant in more elevated position on your chest wall. I suspect that  placing  even a large implant  without  the necessary incisions, will only  create a full low riding breast  with no upper pole fullness.  If you feel that this is an acceptable alternative, I would still perform a lift of the areola alone, to center it on the implant. 

Also speak to your surgeon about scar treatments after surgery, such as silicone creams and laser therapy. 

Best regards, Prashant Soni M.D.

Danbury Plastic Surgeon

Best procedures for your breast, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have very sagging and small breasts. In this regard, you need volume (implants) and projection (the lift): Breast Augmentation w/Breast Lift.
I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and 550ml will be excelent on you, to fill the breasts properly.
Finally, to perform the breast lift I recommend a Periareolar Round Block Breast Lift ("Benelli mastopexy"), which has an unnoticed scar around the areola, and if we see (in the surgery) that we can't obtain adecuate projection just with the Benelli Lift, we have to perform a "Lollipop breast lift".
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Crescent lift?

I do not think a crescent lift will be enough. You will have to be seen in person to get an appropriate evaluation. Best of luck.

Breast lift with implant

Hello and thank you for your question.  The best advice you can receive is from an in-person consultation.  With that being said, based on your photographs, the best shape and contour could be achieved with an implant and a wise pattern breast lift.  I do not ever recommend a crescent lift.  Over time, the areola tends to enlarge with a thickened scar.  The other even worse problem is that it flattens out the shape of the anterior breast over time.  A wise pattern lift with an implant can result in a very nice shape if good technique is used.    The size of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Implants and crescent?

Thanks for your question and the photos. Implants will restore fullness to the upper portion of the breast and make you larger, but they may not elevate enough skin for a crescent lift to be effective. It is certainly ok to start this way as long as you have realistic expectations. If you feel too droopy afterwards larger lifts can always be added later.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift with implants

I do not think that the crescent lift will produce a good result for you.  It would be helpful to know why you believe that you scar poorly.  Contour is the key consideration in the augment pexy.  Scarring can be controlled afterwards but shape is irrevocable.  Implant profile will also be an important consideration. 

Lollipop breast lift with a small implant would be best choice.

Breast shape is more important than breast scars.  I understand your concern about scars but having a bad shape is much worse.  If you decide to do a crescent only lift and a large implant, you will have a large implant and breasts that sag down over that large implant.  It will not look good.  Breast surgery of any kind is not easy to do well.  You will always find a doctor who will say what you want to hear.  In your case, you should get a second opinion by a board certified plastic surgeon, who will explain to you why a lollipop breast lift with a small breast implant would be the wisest choice.  Breast lift and augmentation is much more difficult than you think and you can get into complications very easily.  Good luck!

Your breasts

The implant size is probably fine, but not the crescent lift. Also if you want upper pole fullness you need a push up bra - or a more extensive lift. 

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Lift with implants

Thank you for your questions and photos. I would advise caution because:

1. implants do not create cleavage. They only give you more volume. Attempts to create more 'cleavage' can lead to malpositions, like symmastia, as well as visible rippling.

2. mastopexy (lift) is impossible without some scarring. To make matters worse, the results can be unpredictable, depending on swelling, implant placement, technique, and tissue characteristics. The most conservative plan is to stage the surgeries, that is, to do either the augmentation or the mastopexy first and then the other operation later if needed. I tend to do the augmentation first.

Remember that the general satisfaction rate with implants combined with mastopexy is significantly lower than either operation done alone.

Hope this helps.

Leland Deane MD FACS

NYC, Garden City, Babylon

Leland Deane, MD
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Not acceptable

A crescent mastopexy will not give you significant lift.  It is an unacceptable choice for your situation.  Your degree of sag is serious and needs a more aggressive answer than a little skin from above the areolas.  

Richard Zienowicz, MD
Providence Plastic Surgeon