Would IPL rejuvenation fix my facial concerns? (photos)

Would another treatment be needed on top of IPL or different treatment altogether? At consult I asked which procedure IPL, Fraxel or DermaSweep would be best to fix my concerns. She said IPL , micro peels& Botox Concerns in order of importance 1)brown spots & white nodules entire face 2) chin texture & redness 3) cheek texture 4) white spots (milia?) under eyes 5) browning at corner of lips 6) browning/darkness general orbital area 7) sagging eye lids 8) loose skin under eyes Would IPL fix 1-6? Particuarly 5 & 6 I am olive undertone with medium yellowish sensitive skin

Combination therapy would be the best

Unfortunately IPL alone will not treat everything. Combination therapy is your best bet. IPL is best suited for brown pigment and dilated capillaries, rosacea and diffuse redness. In your case, the brown spots, redness, and browning at lip are very likely to respond to IPL. Cheek and chin texture would be best treated with Fraxel or microneedling. Consider Ultherapy to lift sagging and loose skin. In addition, to further brighten and maintain your IPL results, consider chemical peels (Jessner is great for brightening) and invest in home care products containing brighteners such as hydroquinone, kojic acid, vitamin c, and lactic acid.

Combination treatments work synergistically.

IPL is a great place to start and combination treatments with different modalities can help achieve optimal rejuvenation.  IPL can help with the brown spots, red spots, and texture.  Follwing that up with Microfocused Ultrasound and Fractora can enhance the texture results as well as help with acne and scarring.  We recommend doing injectables (botox, fillers) AFTER completing the energy treatments.  Botox would definitely help with the frown lines.  Finally, we offer PRP as well after applying the energy treatments.  As always, keep up a solid skin care regimen.

Facial Aging and Lasers like Fraxel/Clear + Brilliant, RF like VIVA, Peels, Fillers, Skin Care, Face Lift, Fat Injections

Fraxel does much better than IPL (or
with IPL) for antiaging / color on the skin. Microneedling/PRP can help
stimulate collagen production.  Skin care and sculptra are also essential.  Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer.

Ipl rejuvenation

There are a multiple ways to get the results that you seek. Your most important step is to choose a treating physician who is experienced and expert. Moreover, he or she must understand your goals. The treating physician can choose the technology that best meets your needs. 

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Would IPL rejuvenation fix my facial concerns?

No, IPL is considered the basis of all treatment and should be done every 3 months, but suggest co2 treatment ( fractionated) with micro  needling for irregularities and skin tightening, good skin care for nodules and milia, and IPL for pigment issues. Would love to consult with you, feel free to contact us and good luck!!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

IPL has limitations

Thanks for the great question and all of the photos! Whoever you saw put together a realistic treatment plan. If you're most concerned about brown spots, then IPL will take care of those. It will often take more than 1 IPL treatment to really lighten the color though so be prepared for that. If you have a darker skin tone, then IPL may not be the best option and you would want a fractionated laser like Halo to treat those areas. IPL only targets pigment, but doesn't do as well with red spots or skin tightening. In order to treat all of your concerns, you will likely need multiple modalities like botox and some skin resurfacing. Best of luck!~Dr. Sieber