Can I get bimaxillary advancement for cosmetic reasons?

I had two upper premolars removed as a teen for an overjet. I'm not happy with how my lower jaw is so short and would like more jaw projection and I could use some opening up of airway too. I have braces right now to fix a crossbite. I might have minor sleep apnea and I have been told I have a deviated septum. My ortho right now said if at the end of my braces if I'm not happy I could go right in to bimax surgery. Is it easy to get this for cosmetic non life threatening reasons?

Bimaxillary advancement

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
It is not uncommon to see patients where the upper bicuspids have been removed to treat an overbite. It does 'collapse' the upper lip inwards in many cases and leaves a smaller looking lower jaw. Double jaw advancement is possible but there are other masking approaches which can be less surgery; it depends upon your tissue type and even the nasal prominence. Consult  a surgeon at this stage.

Vancouver Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Bimax

what I suggest is seeing an Orthognathic surgeon immediately and not wait until ortho is done. There may be a different set up in teeth that the surgeon requires. 

Majid Jamali, DMD
New York Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon