Extreme sharp pain after Breast Augmentation. Any suggestions?

I had my BA done 5 days ago, sub muscular 415cc MP implants. Everything is healing great except for this extreme shooting burning pain I'm getting in my left breast near my sternum. The skin in the area feels somewhat numb, and this pain happens mostly when I'm on my feet walking around and is worse with the post op bra. It feels like the implant is pinching a nerve.. the pain gets excruciating sometimes to the point that I'm hunched over. How long usually till this goes away?

Extreme sharp pain after Breast Augmentation.

Thank you for your question.  Sorry to hear your having so much discomfort.  Burning pain and sharp shooting pains can be normal after a breast augmentation.  However, pain that is causing you to hunch over should be checked by your surgeon.   It could be just due to the bra not fitting you well.  I would recommend see him/her so that it can be rectified.

Pain post-op breast augmentation

Patients can experience weird shooting pains as they heal. It is difficult to say if this is normal because everyone is different. If concerned, speak with your surgeon.

Shooting Pain Post Breast Augmentation

Thanks so much for your question. Considering that you are only 5 days post breast augmentation, it would not be unheard of to have shooting pains and other types of discomfort. Patients that have implants placed under the muscle can experience more discomfort than those who go on top of the muscle. Either way, it is very early on in the healing process and it's expected to feel discomfort and some pain. I would highly recommend that you check in with your surgeon's office as they will be able to answer your questions and put your mind at ease.

Robert Sleightholm, MD
Brampton Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question.I would definitely recommend that you contact your surgeon and have him/her exam the area just to rule out any complications but you are very early on in your recovery and throughout your recovery period you may experience different sensations such as tingling, burning or intermittent shooting pain.  These are normal experiences as the skin, muscles and tissue stretch to accommodate your implants, and as sensory nerves heal. 
Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely,
James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon