Could I have possibly pulled a muscle in my stomach? 2 weeks post op tummy tuck

I pulled up on my stomach muscles getting out of bed by accident I can feel a lump on the left side of my stomach now and it's painful, could I have possibly pulled a muscle?

Lump?

It is hard to say what that lump could be. It can be several things and the best way to evaluate it would be in person. You should see your surgeon.

Tummy tuck mass

Stoney,

Sorry you are experiencing a change in your pot op healing.  it could be a variety of problems.  Fluid collection; seroma, hematoma, or that you did pull a stitch in the fascia (muscle).  You should follow up with your Plastic Surgeon.  A physical exam will clear it up.

Best of luck.

Dr. T

Douglas Taranow, DO, FACOS

Tummy tuck

That's possible, could also be a pulled stitch, etc. or nothing.

Close follow up with your plastic surgeon is recommended.

Tender "lump" after tummy tuck

There are many possible explanations for what you are experiencing.  This could be a small blood or fluid collection, routine swelling, or stretching at the site of muscle tightening.  A visit to your Plastic Surgeon for exam and instructions is warranted.

Lump after tummy tuck

A lump like you describe can be one of many things: routine swelling, delayed hematoma (bleeding), hernia, etc. It would be best to be seen by your doctor as soon as possible for an in person exam and recommendations. Best wishes.

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon