When is it okay to take my iron, b12, & Zinc pills after tummy tuck and breast lift?

you can safely take those supplements within one week from your surgery without concern. Good luck, Dr PG

Vitamins after a Tummy Tuck

Thanks for your question. The vitamins you listed are safe to resume now. Please note, any questions regarding medications (even OTC) should be directed to you PS.

Brian Widenhouse, MD
Charleston Plastic Surgeon

Vitamins after TT

Hi.  The vitamins and minerals you listed are safe to take now.  Always best to ask your operating surgeon these questions.  Good luck with your recovery!

Medications and surgery

Hi there and thanks for posting.

My general advice regarding "non essential" medications is to stop them 10 days prior to any surgery and recommence 3 days after surgery.

Some seemingly innocuous Vitamins and supplements can have an effect on bleeding and clotting.

In the case of your particular vitamins they are all fine and can be recommenced.

Cheers

Richard

When is it okay to resume my iron, B12 and zinc pills?

Thank you for sharing your question.  There is no set timeframe for resuming previous medications but as these are vitamins and minerals you should be safe to resume them now.  Hope this helps.

Vitamins

Those vitamins sound fine for most people, but it is worth asking your surgeon to  make sure that he is OK with it.

Starting vitamins after surgery

Those supplements are safe and often help with healing and energy post op, but the iron may cause constipation, so be cautious and make sure you are using a stool softener like colace or miralax. Double check with your surgeon justto be safe, but I would ok my patients to take those. 

Dana Goldberg, MD
Jupiter Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Resuming supplements and vitamins after surgery

You should discuss what medications, supplements, and vitamins you are taking, both prescription and over the counter, with your plastic surgeon and have him or her decide what you should and should not be taking. Your surgeon should be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS). It is important to follow all pre and post-operative instructions.

Robert Singer, MD  FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Always best to ask your chosen 'clinic' surgeon. But that could be difficult. If you were my private patient you could resume these vitamin/supplements within few day following surgery. But you are NOT my patient so you can NOT heed my advise!