Being able to afford removing and replacing failed breast implant.

My right breast implant deflated a year ago. I am now deformed with my left implant still intact. I now have a lump rolling around in my breast. I want to fix it but do not have the money to pay outright and poor credit. I don't know what to do but I have to fix this even if it means just removing everything and not replacing them. I'm new to Florida and need a doctor as well.
Click here to search for board certified surgeons in your area.

Doctor Answers 9


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Ask a surgeon in your area if it is possible for the implant company to cover the implant replacement since most companies now have warranty programs.  If it is only one side, the cost can be manageble, only taking up 1 hour of OR time.  

Deflated implant

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

If your implants are silicone, the removal may be covered by your insurance.  If they are saline and you have not had them in long, you may want to check with the manufacturer of the implant to see if there is any coverage.  
If you elect to remove the implants, it is a relatively simple procedure with little downtime for recovery.  
Best of luck.

Camille Cash, MD
Houston Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 36 reviews

Deflate the left implant to improve symmetry until a better time when you're ready to have surgery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
 If you're not ready for surgery to either remove your implants or replace your implants the easiest solution is to deflate your left implant so at least your breast will be symmetrical. This  can be done fairly easily in a doctors office under local anesthesia. You then could decide to have surgery at a later date when it's more convenient for you physically and/or financially.

Lisa Taylor, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Implant deflation, ready for breast implant removal

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thanks for posting your question. I am happy to try and help you. It is important to remember that a board certified plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to an accurate assessment of your situation, and concerns.

Having said that, you may contact the plastic surgeons in your area. There are a lot of them. You may have your other breast implant drained so you will even in appearance while you get your affairs in order. The implant companies from the US do have a warranty so you should go to a doctor in your area that offers free cosmetic consultations and have them evaluate your situation.

Best wishes,

Dr. Michael J. Brown
Northern Virginia Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant revision

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I appreciate your question.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Being able to afford removing and replacing failed breast implant.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your question.  The implants that are sold in the U.S. have a lifetime warranties against rupture.  They also offer a stipend towards replacement if less than ten years before rupture.  You may need to do some homework and find out about your implants- brand, date of placement and warranty.  I would seek out your surgeon who performed your original surgery to help track this down. 

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 33 reviews

Training Program

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I am sorry for your misfortunes but you should look for a residency program in plastic surgery and usually there is a cosmetic clinic that will perform surgery at a minimal price.

Implant deflation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
You need to schedule in person consultation with a Board Certified PS- be examined, they will contact your implant manufacturing company and request a free implant, same size and style as deflated one, depending on what manufacturing company it is- you may also be eligible for some assistance toward your surgery

Deflated implants

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
There are warranties on breast implants. Call a local surgeon's office and talk to them. The implant company may pay for all or part of the procedure. If you do not have your implant information, call your previous surgeon's office and get that information.
Good luck

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.