What are my options for bizarre sudden sagging of face? (photo)

My face has suddenly sagged and dropped , my once plump cheeks are gone and I have been left with sagging , porous skin . 2 years ago I had beautiful skin and high cheekbones , often being mistaken for a teenager . Now, at 31 I look older than my years and no one can explain it. I have always looked after myself and I am devastated . Please help .

Doctor Answers 4

How to Restore Volume to the Face

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Cheek fullness and loose skin are typically a side effect of growing older. I think you could be a great candidate for a non-surgical facelift. Non-surgical treatments produce almost immediate results, are less severe than traditional surgical procedures, can be performed in-office with little downtime, and are great for subtle contouring and loss of volume.

I see many patients for loss of volume in the cheek and under eye area. Sagging cheek and jawline skin could also be connected to loss of volume in the upper face, since the skin isn’t sitting as high on the face as it used to. Treating the upper area can help treat the lower half of the face as well.

By injecting fillers carefully, a plastic surgeon should be able to contour and reshape these areas and restore some of the plumpness and youth you may have lost in your face.

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 156 reviews

Sagging Cheeks

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I think that fillers may be a good option for you. At your age, I don't think that surgery is the right option for you.

Andres Bustillo, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 123 reviews

Sagging face after 30

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Facial fillers will work very well for you.  They will help to restore your high cheeks and lift the sagging skin.  Best wishes!

Konstantin Vasyukevich, MD
New York Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 51 reviews

What are my options for bizarre sudden sagging of face? (photo)

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

In agreement with other responder, would try non-surgical treatment first.  Thermi-RF (in office skin tightening and lifting with subdermal radiofrequency) works well to tighten skin with minimal (if any) down time, no scars, and is safe.

Steve Laverson, MD
San Diego Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 50 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.