Voluma Uneven and Bumpy: Will it Improve?
Doctor Answers 34
Voluma Injections Help Lift the Cheeks giving a Smooth and Natural Result
In the vast majority of patients, you should not feel unevenness or bumps a day after your injections of Voluma. You may have mild swelling and some light massage in encouraged. However, if you have market asymmetry, pain or bumps, you need to contact your injector to discuss your issue as this is atypical. In general, Voluma injections are virtually painless (aside from a small prick of the needle entering the skin - and even this is generally numbed with anesthetic cream or ice prior to injection). Additionally, the Juvederm XC is now mixed pre-packaged with lidocaine with help with ease of injection. While some fillers do swell after they are injected, Voluma has low hydrophilic potential, meaning that it does not absorb fluid and does not swell as much as other fillers. So, usually what you see immediately after you are injection is what your result will look like. If you are still having issues, I would suggest following up with your injector and if you are not satisfied, I would seek out a well qualified injector or board certified plastic surgeon.
Voluma Injections Give the Cheeks a Lift with Smooth and Beautiful results
Voluma: uneven and bumpy early after the injection
Unevenness and lumpiness is hard to judge in the first two weeks after the injection. Sometimes the injections created a bruise and you can feel the bruise and not the filler. Swelling and bruising might be different between both sides of the face. Wait 2 weeks after the injection to determine if you need a touch up
You can apply ice to help speed the recovery (best for the first 2 days after the injection) and take Tylenol to help with the discomfort. Ask your injector if you can massage. I recommend waiting until two days after the injection. After that, I tell my patients it is okay to do gentle massage. The massage will help bruises settle and should not move the filler.
If you are concerned about an injection, I encourage you to return to your injector for an evaluation in person. Signs that are worrisome are excessive pain, red and hot skin, or a fever. They would suggest an infection. Infections for cheek fillers are very rare.
Voluma should settle into the cheeks and feel just like a part of you.
In a few weeks you should not feel the product there.
Hope this helps!
You might also like...
Voluma for cheeks.
Dear Me9,Usually the way Voluma looks right after the injection stays pretty true as Voluma doesn't pull in as much water as some of the other hyluronic acid fillers. Warmness and redness is not typical and I would go back to toe injector to make sure you are not showing signs of an infection. Small amount of bumpiness can happen and will resolve but for your description I would recommend going back to your injector.Hope this helps,Dr. Morgan
Voluma Uneven and Bumpy: Will it Improve?
Can massage bumpy and uneven Voluma
Voluma Injections Lift with Smooth and Elegant Results
1) Use an ice pack on/off throughout the first day or two to help minimize swelling and bruising
2) Don't massage the areas that were injected as this may increase the amount of swelling
3) Avoid activities that make you hot, sweaty or flushed: Examples include strenuous activities, alcohol, saunas, hot baths, etc… This will increase your chance of bruising. If not bruising by the next day, you should be good to go. If there is, then wait another day or two to make sure it is not getting worse
4) Take Arnica to help minimize the bruising/swelling potential
5) Return to the clinic for: any abnormal visible lumps/bumps for within the first week or two as I may mold the product to make sure that result appears smooth and even.
6) Return to the clinic if you experience bruising that cannot be covered with make-up - we may consider IPL or lymphatic stimulation to help with the healing.
Softening Voluma transitions
If you are sore and this "bumpiness" occurred after you went home, then it is partially due to swelling. This swelling may take even a couple weeks to resolve.
If you are worried, please return to your injector to ask for an evaluation and double check that everything is going as it should.