Are my boobs too low? (photo)

I had a breast lift with 240cc implant abd I feel like my breasts are too low abd my nipples are pointing outwards. Any help would be appreciated!

Low Breast Position

Your pictures suggest the presence of low breast implants and superiorly mal-positioned nipple areola complexes following combination breast lift/breast augmentation surgery. In this particular case, the findings are subtle and relatively minor. Unfortunately, your pictures look as if they were shot in an upward direction. This photographic angle can make perfectly normal breasts look distorted. For this reason, it's hard to make a specific recommendation without pre-operative pictures, a physical examination and a more detailed understanding of your aesthetic goals.

Your pictures suggest a relatively good aesthetic result with breasts that would be described as natural looking. Unfortunately, natural looking breasts don't necessarily have upper breast fullness. If this is a priority, revisional surgery to raise the height of the inframammary fold may be necessary at a later date.

It's important to understand that it's still early in the post-operative course and wound healing goes on for 6 to 12 months following surgery. During this time, swelling improves, muscles relax and the inflammation associated with wound healing decreases.

For these reasons, it's important to be patient and maintain good communication with your plastic surgeon. If revisional surgery is considered to raise the height of the inframammary fold, it should be delayed for at least six months. At that point, wound healing should be stable and aesthetic decisions more easily made.

Correction of nipple position after implants and lift..when is it needed

I agree with the other comments regarding your photos.  It is early after surgery, and for the most part it seems like a reasonable result.  The angle of the camera can influence the appearance of the nipple position, but I do feel that they may be a bit high.  It is best to wait a few months to see how you utlimately heal.  If your feel your nipples are a little to high this can be easily corrected in a second procedure.  Follow up with your plastic surgeon and be straight forward about your concerns.

Best wishes to you.

Steven M. Camp, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Photos and lift/augmentation

Sometimes the angle of the camera can distort the appearance a bit. Give it time to heal and if the implants appear low, a small revision may be necessary. Implant/lift procedures are tough cases in general, and sometimes require secondary procedures.

Nipples to high after breast lift can be corrected

This early in your recovery I think your result looks very good.  I do understand that you feel your nipples are pointing too high and the too much of your breast volume is below the nipple.  If this persists after 3-4 months a fairly simple revision can be done to remove excess skin beneath the nipple areola and lift the breast higher under the nipple.

Are my boobs too low?

Many thanks for the question.This is a perfect, most natural looking breast.Many times I have been made a request to give this kind of shape which is more full in the lower half of a breast than in the upper half.Some patients however like upper half equally fuller.
I am sure you discussed all this with your PS.Given the shape you had before surgery you should be more than happy.

Are my boobs too low?

By comparing the befores with the after photos posted your result is very very good... Maybe you need to understand the concept of a realistic result, which you have... 

Are my boobs too low? (photo

perfect is the enemy of good. You look great now and if keep doing things to your breasts you will succeed in making them look worse. I see it happen all the time.

Val Lambros, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Concerns after augmentation lift

Your results look great!  Your nipples are at a good position, you have nice fullness of the lower pole and your nipples, though pointing outwards slightly, still look great and were placed in your natural meridians.  A stranger look is when the nipples are too close together.   Work hard at minimizing the settling that your implants will want to do to help preserve your results if that is what you like.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast position

Thank you for your pictures. Your result is actually pretty decent. Your breasts may be a little low but they have a mature look. I definitely were supportive bra to hold their position over your lifetime.

Good luck

Earl Stephenson, Jr, M.D., DDS, FACS

Are My Breasts Too Low?

Thank you for asking your question and providing photographs. It seem that you are experiencing what is called "Bottoming Out". This occurs when the skin below the nipple stretches or the implant migrates below the infra mammary fold causing the nipples to turn upwards. This is a problem seen when doing mastopexy combined with an implant. There are a few techniques available that can correct this:
  1. The use of a biological mesh (such as Strattice) to function as an internal bra to help support the implant
  2. The use of a textured implant which tends to stay in place and have less migration as compared to a smooth implant
  3. Placement of the implant in the sub muscular / dual plane position
  4. Change the implant to a smaller size 
  5. Reinforce the infra mammary fold 
You should talk to your surgeon and bring up your concerns. For the time being be sure to wear a bra with adequate support so that it doesn't worsen. I hope this helps.

Enrique Hanabergh, Jr., MD
Aventura Plastic Surgeon