I lost 30 kgs/66 pounds in the past few months. I have a bit of loose skin in my lower stomach. Will I need surgery? (photos)

Okay so i lost 66pounds through strength training a high protein diet and a little of cardio. I have developed lose skin below my navel. It is kind of embarrassing. Will i need surgery or natural methods will do? Someone on the internet suggested demarolling. How much does it cost? I am 18 years old.

Tummy Tuck!

Thank you for your question and photo! You would benefit from a tummy tuck.  Seek a board certified plastic surgeon and have a consultation.  Best of luck!
Dr Dhaval PatelDouble Board CertifiedPlastic SurgeonChicago Hoffman Estates Oak Brook

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

Thank you for your question and photos.  First, congrats on the weight loss!  It appears that you would be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck.  To determine what you could realistically expect from surgery though, you need to be seen in person by a board certified plastic surgeon who is an expert in the tummy tuck procedure.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL  

Tummy tuck

Congratulations on your weight loss! I think you would definitely benefit from a low scar tummy tuck and muscle tightening for a much flatter abdomen. Consult with a board certified PS.

Kenneth Hughes, M.D.
Beverly Hills, CA. 

I have a bit of loose skin in my lower stomach.

Hi... thank you for the question and photos... yes, after these weigh loss skin sags, and surgery is needed, these could be corrected with a Mini tummy tuck. 

Luis A. Mejia, MD

Lower abdominal skin excess

Thank you for your photos, and congratulations on your weight loss. Unfortunately, it does appear that you would be best suited w/ direct removal of that skin excess, and this requires a low incision/scar. I would meet w/ a local PS to discuss it. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Abdominal Skin excess

You are a young person and should have some natural skin tightening.  Continue your exercise program and observe the changes.  If after 6-12 months, you are still unhappy...have a consultation with a plastic surgeon.

Dermal-rolling is a technique where you take essentially a little "rolling pin" that has needles on it and roll it over the sight you want to treat.  The theory is that this micro trauma switches on the healing mechanism in your skin and produces collagen.  Better for elderly faces, then young people's bellies.  I don't think you can harm yourself with it, but also don't think it will produce the result you want.

The duplicated skin envelope I see now would be treated by an excision technique...the key to which is a very low scar... It should hide beneath a bathing suit.

Tummy Tuck options

Congratulations! You may want to wait another 6 months to find out how much your skin may bounce back but it is unlikely that your excess skin will bounce back enough that you are satisfied. I recommend that you book a consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your options and expectations in person.

All the best