Are white spots on gums normal after implants? (Photo)

I had my implants placed 5 days ago. Yesterday I begin having pain on my gum above one implant. I looked today and I see two white spots. It hurts quite a bit.

White spots

Hi:

My advice is to go back to your dentist and have it checked out to make sure all is ok.  Normally there may be white tissue on the healing surface not along the root surface.

Dr. Maddahi

Beverly Hills Dentist

White spots

Those area look like what's called aphthous ulcers. The can come about from stress and/or trauma. They typically go away in 7-10 days. Having said that, I would still have you see the dentist that placed the implants to make sure everything is ok.