How to remove this buffalo hump naturally and safely? (Photo)

What cause a buffalo hump? And how to remove it naturally and safely? I don't take any medicines and i have no disease.

Buffalo hump and treatment -- VASER HI DEF

I find that vaser is the best solution for this.  You need a very well trained physician to treat this area.  Please see an expert in body contouring.  Dr. Emer.

Buffalo hump

There are many different causes of a buffalo hump including medication induced and genetics.  Liposuction may or may not improve this area.

Buffalo Humps respond to power assisted liposuction under tum. local.

Using the PAL system under local to flatten down buffalo humps is easy and does very nicely under local.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

How to remove this buffalo hump naturally and safely?

Assuming you have no medical issues that caused this, the only way to remove it is with liposuction (any technique will work). Kybella injectiosn may be done but are more expensive. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Fat deposit

The medical term for this is a cervical dorsal fat pad.

The medical term for excessive fat in the wrong place is lipodystrophy.

The treatment is without question liposuction.

This is very easy to have done.

It can easily be done while awake with local anesthesia you should see immediate improvements.

consult with a few board-certified plastic surgeon's.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

#Liposuction - How to remove this buffalo hump?

A buffalo hump can occur "naturally" or as a result of certain medications (such as steroids).  It can, in general, be removed very effectively with liposuction.  While direct surgical excision is an option, that procedure leaves longer scars, and can be more difficult to recover from, than just a lipo alone.

You should see a board-certified plastic surgeon in consultation to go over your options but, based on your photo, it looks like you would be a good candidate for liposuction as a treatment for your buffalo hump.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. Alan Engler
Member of #RealSelf500

Buffalo Hump

Thank you for your question.  Surgical options include liposuction or excision.  One nonsurgical option would possibly be Coolsculpting.  If the area enlarged because of a lipoma, I would suggest excision in order to reduce the risk of recurrence.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options.

Buffalo hump removal

I don't know of any non surgical way to improve this. Liposuction generally works well for this type of fat deposit. If for some reason the fat is really fibrous you may need it excised. 

Buffalo Hump

Thank you for asking about your buffalo hump.

• This is either from a fatty tumor (lipoma) or a fat deposit.
  • Both can be removed - usually by surgery, liposuction or both.
  • Lipomas here tend to be under the muscle - fat is more likely to be under the skin.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Liposuction

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for liposuction of the posterior neck. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. With good surgical technique, you could have an outstanding result. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD