What do doctors think about hair loss treatment called ''capiderma''? Is there any side effect in this treatment?

hairloss , balding . hair treatment

Capiderma

Every once in a while a new heavily marketed product comes to market with no clinical science backing it up. I believe this is what is the case here

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair supplements

There are many over the counter natural medications claiming to regrow hair.  Herbal DHT blockers like Saw palmetto and pumpkin seed are just a few of them and are the main ingredients of capiderma.  No large clinical trials have been done with these supplements.  If you haven’t already I would try the FDA approved medication such as minoxidil and finasteride.  If you have a problem taking any of those you can move on with taking some over the counter herbals that contain DHT blockers.

Parsa Mohebi, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

The Newest in Hair Loss Treatments-PRP and Progesterone

There is no scientific evidence that capiderma works for hair loss. I recommend a consultation with a hair loss expert to go over your condition and options. PRP and progesterone injections are good options and/or hair transplantation. Best, Dr. Emer

Capiderma? ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS NJ

Capiderma  is A brand of hair loss products. Their signature product is A mixture of pumpkin seed and saw palmetto. In my opinion, there are far superior products on The market as well as those available by prescription. Minoxidil, quilib, and propecia are,approved  for the indication of hair loss.Low level LASER is also FDA approved. Certain vitamins have documented studies showing effectiveness. It is my opinion that PRP is excellent at decreasing hair loss, increasing hair shaft size and we growing hair that has been dormant for 3 to 5 years. I would pick one of these before Capaderma.

PRPhairmd.com 

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon