Can Alma Laser's New ClearLift Really Help my 62 Yr. Old Face and Jaw/neckline?

how do I find out what doctors in my area perform it . Has anyone had it done? How Long Does It Last and How Much Does It Cost?

62 year-old face neck jawline

The aging process in the neck includes jowling and inelastic skin in both the face and the neck area. Fatty deposits are also present in the neck above and below the platysma muscle. The anterior platysmal muscle cords also start to become more prominent. A comprehensive face neck lift can address tightening skin, neck muscles and removal of the fatty deposits  in the neck to improve the jawline. A laser or tightening device will not be able to accomplish what a facelift can do. 

Will a laser fix my 62yo neck and jawline?

Without a photo or exam it is difficult to say, but most people in this age group would benefit most from a surgical facelift combined with volume enhancement and a good skin care regimen with resurfacing. A laser tends to be a complementary procedure, but rarely can accomplish the goals of most 62 year olds by itself. I would recommend a formal consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon so your goals can be discussed and an individual treatment plan be made. I hope this is helpful.

Lasers and Facelifts do Not Fix Same Problems.

Unfortunately, there is No such thing as one type of treatment that will return you to your former self. Here is why: You age in 3 ways redundant skin and underlying supporting structure laxity,volume shifts (loss of volume in the cheeks, gain in the jowls and submental), and skin surface aging - wrinkles, large pores, age spots). It is important to understand that facelifts are meant to remove major folds and wrinkles, not fine wrinkles. A facelift which removed every line and fold would be too aggressive and would result in an unnatural result. The goal of our surgeons is to make your facelift look as natural as possible. Face lifts do not change the quality of the skin and volume issues are best managed by fillers or fat transfer. Skin aging is accelerated by smoking .

Fine lines and wrinkles are better addressed by skin treatments such as chemical peels or microdermabrasion, which we also offer at our office. Many of our facelift patients enhance their surgical result with these nonsurgical procedures.

Non-invasive Procedures Not Yet As Effective as Surgery

The neck and jawline is one of the most challengin areas of the face to address. Non-invasive treatments such as the alma laser are unlikely to give you a result that you desire.  You are better off saving for a surgical procedure.
All the best.

Laser clear lift??

The short answer is no. ... The longer answer is that if you post a picture, I can let you know what will work for you. 

Dilip D. Madnani, MD, FACS

The answer is subjective.

In part the answer also depends on price point.  You are likely to have some help.  Will you feel like it was worthwhile?  This may depend on what you paid and your expectations.  These treatments are not facelifts.  On the other hand there is minimal down time.  It is good to remember that the very best results end up in the before and after marketing pictures.  A very modest improvement is realistic.

Lasers do not really "lift" but they can "shrink"

I have used lasers for over 30 years including all the varieties of very invasive types.  I continue to work with them including the new fractionated lasers.

If there is really excess skin and displaced underlying fat, they do not give the effect of a face lift.

However they can be combined with fillers and liposuction to create results that in some patients do approach a facelift.

Your best answer is to see a plastic surgeon that has skills in all the surgical options as well as lasers.  You then will know what may be best for your situation. 

Dr. Mayl

Fort Lauderdale

Nathan Mayl, MD (retired)
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Clear lift

Never heard of the clear lift, so you can be sure there is nothing so revolutionary or fantastic about it. Stick with a surgeon who has a good reputation and go with the tried and true, otherwise, you are setting yourself up for a dissappointment.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Laser Lifts?

There is no noninvasive procedure that will produce the results of a facelift in patients with laxity of the tissue at the jaw and neckline. While there may be some improvement of skin complexion and very fine lines, you need to be very realistic about what will not be achieved.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Jaw and Neck Line Improvement

If you post pictures, I could probably tell you if this would be worthwhile for you.  Any degree of tissue ptosis will be better treated with face and neck lift.  The device will not treat the platysma, the SMAS or the fatty deposits.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA