How much does male breast reduction cost in Montreal?
Doctor Answers 6
Typical Price of Gynecomastia & Cost Breakdown
To help you better decide, let's break down what a surgeon charges you for.
The cost for any surgical procedure should be evaluated based on the following criteria.
- Surgeon fee ( this will depend on the experience and consistent results offered by the surgeon)
- Hospital infrastructure cost( Smaller nursing homes / exclusive Aesthetic centers/ Multi speciality hospital)
- Any special instrument's used in the procedure like Power assisted/ USG/ Laser
- What additional cost's that are likely to be charged separately
- Duration of procedure (may depend on the size or volume of area treated)
- Whether additional skin reduction or mastopexy is needed.
The cost of Gynecomastia ranges from ₹85,000 – ₹2,00,000 ($1,300 – $3,100 Approximately). Prices may vary based on location of surgery and which surgeon is performing the operation. If you’re shopping around, price should factor in, but it shouldn’t be your first priority.
Most insurance provider's don't cover this type of treatment, but it is best to check with your insurance provider to be doubly sure.
Gyneomastia surgery - Laval Montreal Quebec Canada
Thank you for your inquiry. At my practice here in Laval/Montreal we charge an average fee of $3000-$5000+Tax. There are different techniques involved with male breast reduction surgery. A consultation is required to determine which technique is best for you. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for best results. Regards
Breast Reduction Cost
Thank you for your question. Insurance coverage is sometimes available for breast reduction surgery. Many factors determine your eligibility, including the specific terms of your insurance policy and the amount of breast tissue to be removed. A letter of predetermination may be required by your insurance company prior to surgery. Unfortunately, at this time, the doctor does not accept insurance reimbursement for this type of surgery. Our office will be happy to assist you in getting reimbursed by providing any necessary information to you such as ICD and CPT codes and copies of your records. We do not correspond with the insurance companies for you. Best of luck!
Dhaval M. Patel
Double Board Certified
You might also like...
How much does male BR in Montreal?
Cost factors vary significantly for a number of good reasons: Prices vary greatly because the surgery itself encompasses a wide range of techniques that can be performed to different extents. My recommendation is to first find the most qualified surgeons where you want the surgery performed that are board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery you trust, then compare prices between them. See the below link on suggestions on how to find the most qualified plastic surgeon for your procedure. General Factors that influence the price of plastic surgery include:
1. Location - Will it be performed in a hospital with an overnight stay, an independent out- patient facility or a doctor’s office? Geographical location also has a significant influence. RealSelf has average charges for most areas of the USA.
2. Type of Anesthesia - local, IV sedation or General Anesthesia? Will a board certified anesthesiologist, nurse anesthetist, or an RN be used? 3. Experience and training of your surgeon. The best and longest trained is most often a plastic surgeon board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery 4. Length and Complexity of Surgery - how difficult will your surgery be and how long it will take, etc. Will other complementary procedures also be also performed during the same surgery?
The Costs for Gynocomastia Surgery in Montreal
Costs will also vary with geographic location. Estimated costs can be found here on RealSelf.com, PlasticSurgery.org or Surgery.org.Most importantly, you should select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with male breast #reduction. Plastic surgeons who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery are suitable to perform your procedure. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.
How much does male breast reduction cost in Montreal?
In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with your national Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. ***Ask to SEE lots of examples of their work AND preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done. Be very careful with your decision-making. I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways. I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.