Could I see a difference with half syringe injection of Restylane or should I do a full injection? (photos)

I am getting my lips done soon and can't decide on doing a half injection or full injection. I want to have more fullness and see a difference but I don't want them too big. It is 300 for half and 600 for full. I am wondering if half will do just fine so I might save money? Options please and thank you!! **** expose my pores I just went running****

Lip Augmentation with Fillers or Lip Implant or Fat -- Go Slow, Use Cannulas

Go slow and use small amounts thats totally safe and will give you a great outcome.  See an expert.  Dr. Emer.

Could I see a difference with half syringe injection of Restylane or should I do a full injection

There is no way to predict how much filler you will need as everyone is different. Having said that I believe that starting with the half syringe first and looking in the mirror is a good idea. If you desire more they can always do the second half syringe at the same setting

Julio Garcia, MD

Restylane and lips

If you get only half a syringe what happens with the other half? Syringes cannot be shared and in addition you might be getting the second half as someone else got the first from the syringe.  you must not share syringes and if they are selling half syringes I would change doctors and be sure to get a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Half a syringe of lip fillers

you have great volume in your lips already. Therefore half a syringe is a great starting point. Please go to a doctor that does this everyday and has plenty of good reviews.

Could I see a difference with half syringe injection of Restylane or should I do a full injection?

Your lips already have some volume to them. Since you have the option of half a syringe and have never had lips injections before, I would just start there. You will more than likely have some substantial swelling for the first couple of days. Once this subsides, which can take up to two weeks to see the final result, you can always add more if you wish to do so. 

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

How much filler is needed

Thank you for sharing your question. Your lips do not look thin; therefore, 1/2 syringe should be sufficient. You can always add more, but it does not appear like you would need to. I hope this helps.  Good luck,

Could a difference in lips be seen with half a syringe of Restylane?

I think that it is possible to achieve some improvement in the lips with half a syringe of Restylane, but of course, that can vary by patient.  I would recommend trying half a syringe first and you could always return later for another half if you prefer your lips bigger.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Half or full syringe of filler to the lips?

A 1ml syringe of filler contains less than a quarter teaspoon of actual material. Take half of that for a half size syringe and you're talking minimal amounts. Most people will see a good but not extreme amount from a 1ml syringe. A half size syringe should only be used for touch-ups or scars because it's really not enough to create volume. "This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."