Will Restylane Silk affect the results of an MRI of the brain?

I am scheduled to have an MRA of the brain. I am debating whether or not I should get fillers. Will fillers affect image/ results?

Restylane

Your MRI image results should not be affected whatsoever by Restylane Silk, or any other brands of fillers. Best of luck with your MRI

Plano Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restylane will not alter an MRI

No. Fillers will not affect your brain MRI, but it is an insightful question and it made me stop and think for a while. You're obviously a smart person who thinks a lot about her health care and well-being. While the answer is simple question was very thought-provoking.

#RestylaneSilk and MRI

No Restylane Silk and other facial fillers will not effect the results of a brain MRI, so you can proceed at will. 

Restylane silk

There should be no interaction at all! Do the Restylane silk and don't worry about it. Good luck with the MRI!

Mark T. Boschert, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Fillers and MRI of the Brain

Fillers like Restylane Silk will have no effect on an MRI of your brain. I wouldn't worry. 

Hope all is well. 

Best of Luck!

Landon Pryor, MD, FACS
Rockford Plastic Surgeon

Fillers and brain mri

Thank you for your question.  I would not worry about having fillers in the face affect your brain mri.

There will be no impact on your MRI with restylane

You will have no problems with an MRI after restylane silk or with any filler for that matter. MRI is contra-indicated if you have metal in your body.

David Rankin, MD
Jupiter Plastic Surgeon

Restylane Silk

Restylane Injections will no impact on an MRI of your brain.  It is injected in the skin nowhere near the brain structures.  Hope you're OK.

Jerome Potozkin, MD
Danville Dermatologic Surgeon

It will have no disturbing effects on an MRI but your doctor will be able to see the filler on the images. Hope all goes well.

Victoria Karlinsky, MD
Manhattan General Surgeon

Fillers and MRI/MRA

you can see the fillers on MRI and they are very distinct, they will not interfere unless they are directly in the treatment area or area of concern and even then they have very unique look.  Best, Dr. Emer.