When I smile, I have excess fat on each side of my cheek. I am wandering if there is a surgery to remove the fat. (photos)

Also I have included pictures circling the areas I am talking about. Thanks in advance.

When I smile, I have "excess fat" on each side of my cheek = ? fat vs. masseter muscle vs. Jaw bone

"Excess of fat" in the cheeks could be secondary to multiple causes like: in deed excess of fat in the face ( large buccal fat pad removal), large size masseter muscles (giving fullness in the cheeks close to the angle of the jaw) and or wide jaw bone ( that is being confused with "excess of fat"). Depending on the cause of the cheek "fat excess"  a plastic surgery procedure could be performed to improve that finding. The only reliable way to determine the best treatment is to undergo a an evaluation (physical exam) with a board certified plastic surgeon. 

Patients interested in addressing "excess of cheek fat" in the face should make a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon specialized in plastic surgery of the face

Buccal fat pad best evaluated with non-smiling views

Thanks for sharing.  Buccal fat removal is best for fullness in the lower cheek when seen at rest.  Excess skin or fat when smiling is not necessary improved with buccal fat pad reduction. It is best to submit non-smiling photos to best evaluate if you are a candidate.  See a few board certified surgeons experienced with this procedure. 

Raymond E. Lee, MD