How to keep arms elevated after brachioplasty?

Everyone says to keep your arms elevated above your heart after arm lift surgery. To do that my arms have to be around two feet in the air. Are there any recommendations for products (like foam blocks or something) that I can get? Thanks!

I usually ask patients to lay supine, with their arms elevated above the level of the heart as much as possible. Resting the elbows and wrists on 2 pillows usually does the job nicely. Best wishes.

Thank you for posting your question.  To elevate your arms,  use multiple pillows along your sides to provide a soft tower of pillows to place your arms on comfortably. 

Jeanette Padgett, MD, FACS
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Arm Elavation

Thank you for your question.  After a brachioplasty most patients keep their arms propped up on a stack of pillows. 

Arm lift

Sometimes a few pillows under your armpit area and extending to your elbow can help keep your arms above the level of the heart and still be comfortable. Best, MMT