Mini Facelift at 41, a Good Idea?

I am 41 years old and in excellent shape. I'd like my lower face to look more defined as I am starting to have too much fullness in that area. I had Restylane in my nasolabial folds /mouth area about 1year ago and I can still feel it under my skin.

Would a Mini FaceLift help my jaw line or perhaps filler in my cheeks to lift the area slightly? What I do not want is any more fullness in my lower face. My pic is with no smile so you can see me best. Thanks!

Cheek lift for early aging

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I can't see your neck in the photo so I will assume it is fine. A cheek lift or customized minifacelift would elevate the deep tissues vertically back up in your cheeks, make your face look more heart shaped rather than elongated and square. Your jawline wil be more tapered and jowls will be eliminated.

As Dr. Moelleken has said, this is NOT a canned branded mini lift like a Lifestyle lift.

Mini-facelifts for younger and older patients

I think more filler will add to fullness of your face. If you can pull your jowl up with your hand then you are probably a candidate for a minifacelift. Facial aging has more impact on surgery than your chronological age does. Some are ready for a minilift in their early 40s and some in their early 60s.

Dr. S.

age 41 mini lift candidate

With only one limited photograph, it is for difficult to give  an honest opinion as to whether or not  a mini lift is needed. A mini lift is a limited procedure that lifts the jowls  through some incisions in front and behind the ears.  It does not address any neck laxity issues or fatty deposits in the neck either.  For many examples of facelifts, please see the link below

Facelift at 41?

Thank you for your enquiry.
I would advise for you to see a plastic surgeon for an examination, so they can access your skin laxity.  I have performed facelifts on younger patients (late 30's) who have been a good candidate for a mini facelift.  There are other alternatives such as: botox, filler, chemical peels etc which could be a temporary, beneficial solution as well.
I have pioneered my Concept Facelift, which targets the SMAS muscle and skin, therefore giving the same longevity as a traditional facelift, however is performed under local anaesthetic.  This ensures a significantly reduced recovery period, with minimum swelling and bruising, therefore patients returning to their daily routines within 5-7 days. My reasons for pioneering this were because patients did not want the health risk of going under general anaesthetic (especially as is it not a necessity procedure), local anaesthetic or twilight sedation would be a great alternative, not only for health reasons but your recovery period will be shorter. 
Please make sure you find a reputable and qualified plastic surgeon who can assess you properly to give you a realistic idea of what outcome you can achieve.
All The Best 

Mini face lift

If the neck is good then a mini face lift is ideal for you.

You do nnot need any thing to your eyes. Cheeks are narrower than the distance from one angle of the jaw to the other. this shoud be the opposite where the cheeck bone to cheek bone distance should be wider than the cheeks.

During the mini face lift this can be achieved by moving the fat up to the cheek bones. Choose a Board Certified PS with experience.

Mini lift - needed at age 40

A mini lift would enhance your beauty considerably.  Is it time? - a question that only you can answer.   If your appearance is distracting to you and there is an easy, safe and effective fix then by all means you should do it.  Consider the alternatives however which might satisfy you and buy you several years.  For instance revolumization of the cheek area with Voluma or Sculptra could give you a more youthful contour.   Although the picture does not depict your neck very well, if there is slight laxity there then a Thermitight neck tightening which has almost scars, minimal recovery and minimal anesthesia need might satisfy you. You should consult a competent plastic surgeon who has a variety of options that he/she might recommend.

A MiniLift with Liposuction does great for fullness/sagging in the jawline/neck areas in 40 yr olds.

The fullness of the jowls/jawline does great with just liposuction alone for $2500 on special. But if there is sagging as well, then a minilift with liposuction is a great procedure with dramatic results for $6,000-8500 and can all be done safely and easily under local anesthesia. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Only an In-Person Consultation Provide a True Answer

A mini facelift is often the best choice for patients at your stage, with only a mild to moderate amount of sagging skin. It focuses on removing excess skin as well as repositioning the underlying supporting facial tissue to provide a naturally younger look. In some cases, such as with the specialized version of the procedure that I developed, this can actually be done in-office using gentle numbing rather than general anesthesia, typically cutting the recovery time in half.

There are many factors that I use to determine the best treatment options for each patient, and the only way to know for certain which procedure(s) are best suited for your needs is for you to complete an in-person consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon. Best of luck!

The right age for a minifacelift

When a person has a minifacelift has more to do with their genetics, environment, and type of aging then their biological age.  Having said that, most individuals come into our office around 44-48 for the first time looking for a minifacelift.  Many of these individuals, which is also the case for you, can do well with the addition of volume to their cheeks and the area in front of their ear.  We try to avoid filler in the laugh lines or nasolabial folds now unless you have the midface well suspended via filler or surgery.

You have smaller cheeks so volume in this area would lift your jawline.  It also seems you may have some fuller buccal fat pads (fat pads about half an inch from the corners of your mouth) that could be reduced to reduce the fullness in the lower face.  

Mini Facelift at 41, a Good Idea?

Thank you for attaching your photo. I can not make comment on you neck and forehead, eyebrow and upper lids as I can not see. It would be better to have a full face photo with both  profile face photos. I might change my comment after I review your full face photos and at the moment I assume they are fine. Your cheek and jowl seems need to be corrected. A SMAS lift focused on cheek lift and jowl to restore your chin V line and restore your cheek volume seems one of the the best option to chose. This will make your face more heart shaped rather than square.  

You are young but based on your expectation this could be an option or you might reconsider to wait till you are 45 years old.

I hope this helps

Best wishes