Mini Facelift at 41, a Good Idea?

I am 41 years old and in excellent shape. I'd like my lower face to look more defined as I am starting to have too much fullness in that area. I had Restylane in my nasolabial folds /mouth area about 1year ago and I can still feel it under my skin.

Would a Mini FaceLift help my jaw line or perhaps filler in my cheeks to lift the area slightly? What I do not want is any more fullness in my lower face. My pic is with no smile so you can see me best. Thanks!

Cheek lift for early aging

I can't see your neck in the photo so I will assume it is fine. A cheek lift or customized minifacelift would elevate the deep tissues vertically back up in your cheeks, make your face look more heart shaped rather than elongated and square. Your jawline wil be more tapered and jowls will be eliminated.

As Dr. Moelleken has said, this is NOT a canned branded mini lift like a Lifestyle lift.

age 41 mini lift candidate

With only one limited photograph, it is for difficult to give  an honest opinion as to whether or not  a mini lift is needed. A mini lift is a limited procedure that lifts the jowls  through some incisions in front and behind the ears.  It does not address any neck laxity issues or fatty deposits in the neck either.  For many examples of facelifts, please see the link below

Mini face lift

If the neck is good then a mini face lift is ideal for you.

You do nnot need any thing to your eyes. Cheeks are narrower than the distance from one angle of the jaw to the other. this shoud be the opposite where the cheeck bone to cheek bone distance should be wider than the cheeks.

During the mini face lift this can be achieved by moving the fat up to the cheek bones. Choose a Board Certified PS with experience.

Mini-facelifts for younger and older patients

I think more filler will add to fullness of your face. If you can pull your jowl up with your hand then you are probably a candidate for a minifacelift. Facial aging has more impact on surgery than your chronological age does. Some are ready for a minilift in their early 40s and some in their early 60s.

Dr. S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Facelift at 41?

Thank you for your enquiry.
I would advise for you to see a plastic surgeon for an examination, so they can access your skin laxity.  I have performed facelifts on younger patients (late 30's) who have been a good candidate for a mini facelift.  There are other alternatives such as: botox, filler, chemical peels etc which could be a temporary, beneficial solution as well.
I have pioneered my Concept Facelift, which targets the SMAS muscle and skin, therefore giving the same longevity as a traditional facelift, however is performed under local anaesthetic.  This ensures a significantly reduced recovery period, with minimum swelling and bruising, therefore patients returning to their daily routines within 5-7 days. My reasons for pioneering this were because patients did not want the health risk of going under general anaesthetic (especially as is it not a necessity procedure), local anaesthetic or twilight sedation would be a great alternative, not only for health reasons but your recovery period will be shorter. 
Please make sure you find a reputable and qualified plastic surgeon who can assess you properly to give you a realistic idea of what outcome you can achieve.
All The Best 

Amir Nakhdjevani, MBBS, MRCS, FRCS (Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

A MiniLift with Liposuction does great for fullness/sagging in the jawline/neck areas in 40 yr olds.

The fullness of the jowls/jawline does great with just liposuction alone for $2500 on special. But if there is sagging as well, then a minilift with liposuction is a great procedure with dramatic results for $6,000-8500 and can all be done safely and easily under local anesthesia. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Mini facelift is a jowl lift

A mini-lift is a surgical procedure that tightens the jowls. It is basically half a facelift, the latter treats the neck with the jowls. Often a minilift can be performed under local anesthesia with minimal down time. Some companies/surgeons have marketed these mini-lifts with trademarked names. Whatever you want to call it: J-lift, S-lift, Quick lift, etc are all variations on a theme...re-positioning the deep tissues to tighten the jowls and then re-draping the loose skin.  

There are some wonderful new fillers that can lift the cheeks, but they generally don't lift enough to improve the jawline and jowls.

Theda C. Kontis, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is a Mini-Facelift a Good Idea

Hi and thanks for your question and photo.  I do think that you would get a nice improvement from a mini-facelift although you are not in desperate need of surgery at your stage of aging.  This is a personal decision, but you would get a tighter, more defined jawline.  Good luck.

Jonathan Pontell, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

A more heart-shaped face

The mini lift is a great procedure to raise the jowls and tighten the jawline. The overall effect makes the upper face appear more full and the lower face less full. "Am I too young?" is a less important question than "Will it work for me?. Your surgeon will be able to give you a better idea of the answer during a face-to-face consultation.

Anand D. Patel, MD
Brookfield Facial Plastic Surgeon

Mini Facelift at 41, a Good Idea?

Thank you for your question. If your skin sagging is so severe that cannot be fixed with non-surgical approaches, if you want to have an immediate result and you don’t want to wait for months to see the results; then you might be a good candidate for a face lifting operation. There are several techniques for face lifting operations the ones with minimal retractions and the ones that with a more aggressive approaches. You can decide the best technique that will work for you in the consultation with your doctor.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon