Mini Facelift at 41, a Good Idea?

I am 41 years old and in excellent shape. I'd like my lower face to look more defined as I am starting to have too much fullness in that area. I had Restylane in my nasolabial folds /mouth area about 1year ago and I can still feel it under my skin.

Would a Mini FaceLift help my jaw line or perhaps filler in my cheeks to lift the area slightly? What I do not want is any more fullness in my lower face. My pic is with no smile so you can see me best. Thanks!

Cheek lift for early aging

I can't see your neck in the photo so I will assume it is fine. A cheek lift or customized minifacelift would elevate the deep tissues vertically back up in your cheeks, make your face look more heart shaped rather than elongated and square. Your jawline wil be more tapered and jowls will be eliminated.

As Dr. Moelleken has said, this is NOT a canned branded mini lift like a Lifestyle lift.

age 41 mini lift candidate

With only one limited photograph, it is for difficult to give  an honest opinion as to whether or not  a mini lift is needed. A mini lift is a limited procedure that lifts the jowls  through some incisions in front and behind the ears.  It does not address any neck laxity issues or fatty deposits in the neck either.  For many examples of facelifts, please see the link below

A MiniLift with Liposuction does great for fullness/sagging in the jawline/neck areas in 40 yr olds.

The fullness of the jowls/jawline does great with just liposuction alone for $2500 on special. But if there is sagging as well, then a minilift with liposuction is a great procedure with dramatic results for $6,000-8500 and can all be done safely and easily under local anesthesia. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Mini face lift

If the neck is good then a mini face lift is ideal for you.

You do nnot need any thing to your eyes. Cheeks are narrower than the distance from one angle of the jaw to the other. this shoud be the opposite where the cheeck bone to cheek bone distance should be wider than the cheeks.

During the mini face lift this can be achieved by moving the fat up to the cheek bones. Choose a Board Certified PS with experience.

Mini-facelifts for younger and older patients

I think more filler will add to fullness of your face. If you can pull your jowl up with your hand then you are probably a candidate for a minifacelift. Facial aging has more impact on surgery than your chronological age does. Some are ready for a minilift in their early 40s and some in their early 60s.

Dr. S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Mini Facelift at 41, a Good Idea?

Thank you for your question. If your skin sagging is so severe that cannot be fixed with non-surgical approaches, if you want to have an immediate result and you don’t want to wait for months to see the results; then you might be a good candidate for a face lifting operation. There are several techniques for face lifting operations the ones with minimal retractions and the ones that with a more aggressive approaches. You can decide the best technique that will work for you in the consultation with your doctor.

Facelift at 41?

Thank you for your enquiry.
I would advise for you to see a plastic surgeon for an examination, so they can access your skin laxity.  I have performed facelifts on younger patients (late 30's) who have been a good candidate for a mini facelift.  There are other alternatives such as: botox, filler, chemical peels etc which could be a temporary, beneficial solution as well.
I have pioneered my Concept Facelift, which targets the SMAS muscle and skin, therefore giving the same longevity as a traditional facelift, however is performed under local anaesthetic.  This ensures a significantly reduced recovery period, with minimum swelling and bruising, therefore patients returning to their daily routines within 5-7 days. My reasons for pioneering this were because patients did not want the health risk of going under general anaesthetic (especially as is it not a necessity procedure), local anaesthetic or twilight sedation would be a great alternative, not only for health reasons but your recovery period will be shorter. 
Please make sure you find a reputable and qualified plastic surgeon who can assess you properly to give you a realistic idea of what outcome you can achieve.
All The Best 

Minilift is a great option for early jowls

Without examining you, it is difficult to say whether you would be an ideal candidate for a minilift. However, a minilift is a great option for patients who are starting to see early signs of jowl formation and that the jawline does not look as smooth. A minilift can lift the excess skin of the jowls back up and give the appearance of a tighter jawline. It does not help to improve the neck, so if that is a concern, then I would advise against a minilft.
I think putting more filler along your marionette lines/jowls will likely make your lower face look even fuller, which is the opposite of your desired outcome. Hope this helps!

Sarmela Sunder, MD

What is the Best Age for a Facelift

If you feel that your face does not reflect how young you feel inside, you may be a candidate for a facelift.
During your #consultation, your skin texture and elasticity, as well as your underlying skin structure and your facial bone structure will be evaluated. Based on this evaluation, your board certified plastic surgeons will create a custom surgical plan, detailing specific techniques and recommendations to meet your goals. In doing so, he or she should be sure to have a full understanding of what results you expect.
If you are not a #candidate, your surgeon can make other suggestions to address your concerns and objectives.
Patients who desire facial rejuvenation that is affordable, quick, and effective should consider the Lite-lift™. Like the Life-Style™ facelift, this is a modified facelift that can be performed in the office with a local anesthetic and improve signs of aging around the neck, jawbone and lower face. These procedures are not "Thread-lifts" or "String-lifts". We do not use the "barbed" sutures employed in these other lifting operations. The Lite-lift™ uses longer lasting techniques that are discussed below. Because the incisions are limited, there is less bruising, swelling and healing time for most patients. Many patients can be back to work in one to two weeks looking rested and more youthful.
The best candidates for #LiteLift are patients 35-60 years old with early changes of the lower face and the neck. Older patients who cannot or do not wish to have a longer operation or general anesthetic can be improved with a Lite Lift™.
Lite Lift™ surgery is individualized for each patient. The best candidates for Lite Lift™ surgery have a face and neck line beginning to sag, but whose skin has elasticity and whose bone structure is well defined and do not smoke.

Mini Facelift Candidates

Patients who are in good overall health and don’t have extensive skin laxity in the face and neck are good candidates for a mini facelift. A mini facelift, or a rapid recover lift as I call it in my practice, is a minimally-invasive procedure that involves giving a lift to the lower third of the face and neck. This procedure is unique in its flexibility and can be specifically tailored to a patient’s problem areas such as the neck, jowls, or mid-face through smaller, hidden incisions. Patients experiencing minimal facial aging and sagging may find the mini facelift ideal as it is able to restore a youthful appearance to their face and generally requires a shorter recovery time than a comprehensive facelift.