Are my boobs going to be too big? 2 weeks post op BA. (photo)

Had my breasts done under the muscle two weeks ago. They look huge I was a 34c cup and had 400 cc. I'm 5.5 and am 9.10 pounds. What will this make me ?

Two weeks post-op BA

At two weeks after surgery, you are expectedly swollen from the procedure. As the swelling subsides and the implants drop over the next several months, you will get a better idea as to your final size. Discuss with your surgeon in your follow up visits.

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Swelling?

Thank you for your question. You are still early in the post-operative period. It typically takes 3 - 6 months for the swelling to subside and and implants to settle into proper position.  Please discuss your concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon. Also, make sure you follow all of your plastic surgeons post-operative instructions regarding level of physical activity and use of a support bra. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.

Huge 2 weeks out.

Thanks so much for expressing your concerns. I suspect you're still quite swollen and the implants also probably have not fully settled. It's too early too judge this as a final results and with time and the drop and fluff effect the size might be more to your liking. Keep your plastic surgeon updated on your situation so they can address your concerns. I suspect you'll be C/D cup in the end, but that's just a guess. Best wishes, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD

Too big after breast augmentation?

I'm sorry to hear about the concerns you are experiencing after breast surgery.  

You should be aware that a significant percentage of patients at your stage of recovery will feel that they are too big or (more commonly) too small. I routinely ask my patients to wait at least 3-6 months before evaluating the end results of the breast augmentation surgery. This waiting time allows patients to (usually) physically and psychologically adapt to the new body image. 

Although online consultants cannot predict whether or not you will be pleased with the long-term outlook, of the procedure performed, it is safe to predict that the breasts will change.   

My best advice:  ongoing patience and close follow-up with your plastic surgeon.

Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Bra cup size

You are still experiencing post-operative swelling at 2 weeks, and each person's idea of "too big" is individual. It takes 4-6 weeks for most swelling to resolve, and 4-6 months for the implants to settle in the pocket following breast augmentation. As for bra sizing, it is very inconsistent depending on the manufacturer. If you were a 34C prior to breast augmentation, and you have 400 cc implants, you will likely be at least 2 cup sizes larger. But again, that will depend on the bra. I recommend waiting 2-3 months before determining your bra cup size. 

You are still early in Post-op , you are still swollen from the procedure. 

should expect the skin to soften and the implant to settle at about three months after surgery.

Please follow up with your surgeon.