When to start Embrace Scar Therapy Strips?

My PS has advised me against using any other scar therapy except their in house solution, which I've already run out of within a week at $40 a bottle. I will say that I may have been overusing it to run out this soon..... But, I'm very interested in using the Embrace strips and have already purchased a 3 mo supply. I want to know when I can start to use them. I'll be 2 weeks PO tomorrow and when cleaning the incision today I had scabs particles flaking on my towel. Is it too soon to use them?

Scar

It is advised that you begin Embrace therapy within 2 weeks of your procedure and treat for 8 weeks.  I sit on the medical advisory board for Neodyne and wish you well in your recovery.  Hope this helps.
Dr. Ali Mosharrafa

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Embrace Active Scar Defense

While all plastic surgeons have their own preferences in scar therapies, Embrace Active Scar Defense is a great option for patients. It is applied once an incision is closed, which is typically 1-2 weeks after surgery. While every person does heal at their own pace, 2 weeks postop is an ideal window for beginning treatment. Each Embrace strip lasts for up to 10 days before reapplication is needed, and treatment should continue for 8-10 weeks. Once completing treatment with Embrace, patients can help further reduce the appearance of their scars by transitioning to a silicone scar gel. Scar therapies are best used early in the healing process, so it is great that you are doing your research. It is important to follow-up with your board-certified plastic surgeon to ensure proper healing and your satisfaction. Good luck in your recovery!

Jerome H. Liu, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Start 14 to 24 days after surgery.

Thanks for your question. You want to start Embrace after the remodeling phase of wound healing starts. I typically recommend starting between day 14 to 24 after surgery. Best, Dr. Aldo

Aldo Guerra, MD

Each surgeon has their own preferances and recommendations when it comes to post operative care. I recommend patients start using a scar cream at 6 weeks post operative. You should address your question with your surgeon. 

Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD